Favorites
Show All / Manage

You have no favorites.

Page 1 of 2   |   Go to page   |   1, 2  Next
Monk
So I'm feeling like making ones so here goes:
Also this is how I animate, you don't need to do things exactly what was written here. I'm not saying this all are the right ways to animate too, just consider these and hopefully you'll come out of something with it and this is mostly applied for stick animations.

1. Everything must be moving.
- It's one of my simple rule when I'm animating, I move every part of the character. Even it's just a small movement, do it. It would look better than the certain part being still.
2. Practice drawing poses.
- Your movements wouldn't look good even if you have mastered easing, anticipation and such if the poses aren't good
3. Exaggerate but keep it natural.
- A bit the same with what I said in #2, you need to make the poses natural. By natural I mean, do poses or moves that a human can actually do and exaggerate the attacks to make look better. Exaggerate by extending limbs on attack, swinging it more than what a human can do, just don't do it too much. You'll want to balance this two.
4. Connect the attacks.
- When you do a combo, try to make a good chain of it. Don't just make any transition from one attack to another. You'll need to consider the balance of the body, will he still be able to stand after doing the certain attack. Also remember that it's not 2D flat even tho you're doing a 2D anim, apply perspective to it.
5. Let the character move by himself.
- By this I mean, when you are animating flow of movements, either storyboard or final animation, think before you do his next move. I'm sure that you'll get a move quickly, and most of the times you'll just go with it. Or you can consider which of the moves is the best one to do.
6. Fire, Tail, Hair, Scarf.
- I have pretty much the same rule or way when animating these. I think it's only right, just want to remind it. I animate these with a "S" or a wave pattern. Going left and right and such. Whatever happens to the source, it would always end up in the same movement. Fire just have to up while having the wave movement.
7. Electricity.
- What I do is animate the electricity effect and add a inbetween blank frame each frame. Most spark or jitter only last 3-5 frames for me. Also, make the particles bigger, like a shape of thunder, not just dot particles.
8. Smokes.
- Understanding the movement of the smoke is easier than drawing it, so I suggest that you practice drawing smoke. There are a lot of styles for this too, you don't need to always have shade for it to look good. The movement of a looping smoke is kinda like the wave one, only that it goes up more and less wave movement.
9. Use hotkeys.
- I saw some people who animate and don't use hotkeys, it's kinda annoying how slow they animate lol. I'm most already know this tho, but just for those who don't.
10. Use all the tools.
- Some people only focus on brush or line when doing stick anims. You should practice using both, they both have their pros and cons. It's not really hard and they're not really different from each other. It's just the way you input them imo.
11. Blood.
- Blood doesn't always need to be a fountain-like particle, it should flow out from the source with some force and it should release more and more too. Which means there should be a few waves of blood, you also don't need to animate each wave disappearing with a lot of frames.

So yeah, I might add some more if I'm able to think of some. You can ask for some too, I guess.
That's all, good luck!

Villager
Nice Tips, Angelo.
This might be useful to us.

This Prove us is Dark Nexus Team
We Catch the Dark, We Make a Dark Nexus Exist.

Villager
Hotkeys were helping so I agree a lot from this.Although the first ,second,fifth and the eleventh hits me up massively.

So useful for beginners out there.

Villager
terkoiz already did something like this? :/

Farmer
@Zeon u spell wrong ,it is tits(Lul jk) anyway this is epic

Look right-------------------------------> Good dog!
CLICK ME FOR SOME SOUNDPACK >:DDD

Monk
@Lax Terkoiz did taboos stuffs. This is MY OWN tips :I

Farmer
yeah,this is reb's own tits

Look right-------------------------------> Good dog!
CLICK ME FOR SOME SOUNDPACK >:DDD

Soldier
And they're such lovely tits too. Full of content, ready to be distributed to the masses.

Villager
Okay, Reb is really a girl then !
Jk

Thanks for some of the tits tips by the way!

Banned User
Reb is a man
:|

<asd|lptp> the faint mustache
<asd|lptp> gets all the ladies

Page 1 of 2   |   Go to page   |   1, 2  Next
Search for:

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a browser that doesn't support the technology this website uses.

Don't fret. There are solutions.

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a version of Internet Explorer that this site doesn't support.

Don't fret. There are solutions.