Favorites
Show All / Manage

You have no favorites.

Page 1 of 1
Monk
Basic Shading

(Disclaimer: While this tutorial is made with Animate CC in mind, this method also works the same in Flash 8)
First, draw the object you want to add shading to.
Next select your pencil tool and set it to a contrasting color. (MAKE SURE THE THICKNESS OF THE LINE IS SMALL, SUCH AS 1 or .5)
Now using your pencil tool, Draw out the areas of the most extremes of the dark and the light on your object. (I would suggest using red to show the areas of shadow and green for the areas of highlight). You may draw the lines depending on the style / the shape of the character. (MAKE SURE THE PENCIL MADE LINES CONNECT)
Now, with the base color selected (by the fill tool icon), open up Window > color / color mixer. The menu that will pop up should look like this:
Now, choose your shadow / highlight color based on the style you want to go on. For most basic instances, I would suggest moving the "B:" slider. Making the number higher will make it brighter and making it lower will make it darker.
Once you chose the colors you want, fill inside the lines you drew with the pencil tool.
Once you filled it in and are happy with the results, you can now remove the lines by double-clicking the pencil line you drew, and press backspace or delete.
Badda bing badda boom! You got a thing~ Hope this was helpful if you have any questions you may respond to this post.
<3

Monk
Side note: You can use this same method to make weapons. Same process, but different execution. You can probably figure this out if you are creative with what I have given you.

Villager
ill have this bookmarked

<>{

Villager
Quote:
Once you chose the colors you want, fill inside the lines you drew with the pencil tool.

Fill/paint bucket tool*, thanks for the tip btw, I'm used to other ways of doing it, I will definitely give this one a try

“You’re not supposed to animate drawings. You’re supposed to animate feelings.”
-Ollie Johnston

Sexy YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCogH2K ... -dgyNgCLrg

Ninja
Thanks it was helpful

Animating Since Feb 4 2017

"Its a trap" -Derp123

Soldier
Oh shit tuts are always hard- oh thanks this was ez.

[insert text about how i dont want to live]

Soldier
Nice tutorial, simple and quick.

Soldier
Wow nice tutorial @Awez

Villager
Thanks for this tut, now it's more simple

ごめんなさい。私は日本人じゃなかった。

Ninja
thats basicaly me!

Page 1 of 1
Search for:

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a browser that doesn't support the technology this website uses.

Don't fret. There are solutions.

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a version of Internet Explorer that this site doesn't support.

Don't fret. There are solutions.