Favorites
Show All / Manage

You have no favorites.

Page 1 of 1
Monk
How to Save Time Animating Using Graphic Symbols
(SUPER BASIC TUTORIAL)
Ever wanted a scene with many explosions or multiple of the same thing happening in it with overlap but don't want to reanimate it? Here's some solace for you.
Draw the first frame of the clip or effect you want, select it, and press F8 to create a symbol out of it. From there, name it (recommended) and set the type to a graphic symbol (unless you want to apply effects to it)
Double-click the symbol you just created and open it. Animate the loop or effect you want to create. If you want this to disappear by the end, make sure you make the last frame blank.
When you are done, escape the symbol and drop down the looping menu in the Properties and set it to what you want. If this is a looping animation, set it to loop, if this is an effect set it to play once. Make sure the number is 1 unless you want it to play from a later frame.

Now we are done with the base of it, it is up to you to choose how you want to use this.

For example, if you copy ( ctrl+c ) and paste ( ctrl+v ) the symbol that you created, it will all play at once in the timeline.
If you want your animation to play again later while the other ones are playing, create a keyframe and paste it.

Hope this was of use to you guys, even if it is super simple. Now it's up to you to see how you can take advantage of this, do something creative with it. Personally, what I have is an FLA file where I keep all of my premade effects all stored in graphic symbols so I can copy and paste it into my animations whenever I need it or am lazy.
Have FUN!

Ninja
this is a nice tutorial for people who are new to flash, thank u for making it.

Soldier
very helpful , thanks for posting this :D

This dude has something in his mind.

Page 1 of 1
Search for:

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a browser that doesn't support the technology this website uses.

Don't fret. There are solutions.

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a version of Internet Explorer that this site doesn't support.

Don't fret. There are solutions.