Favorites
Show All / Manage

You have no favorites.

Page 5 of 7   |   Go to page   |   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Global Mod
cheesy_panda wrote:
Anybody gonna mention openTOONZ ? here

It's an open source version of the toonz animation software. It's relatively new though and open source so there's probably a lot of bugs and stuff that needs fix currently, but still there's a community workin on it.

Good point! I have added it in myself now under Free Software! Hope this is all good @CC_Sunomi for one day when you do see this!

Farmer
Stickman and Elemento is free now as version 1.7 (and is actually decently powerful with a traditional drawing tool etc)

Grasshopper
Out of the free software, which would you recommend? I have experience with adobe flash, but I can't afford that. What would be similar in capability.

Farmer
Paroxysmatt wrote:
Out of the free software, which would you recommend? I have experience with adobe flash, but I can't afford that. What would be similar in capability.

OpenToonz and Synfig are great afaik.

Villager
Can we get a rank on which is most popular with the pros?

Goal(s): Get Good freeware animation program, Figure out if I need an animation for hosting a manga duel

Grasshopper
Which Animation Software should I use?

Villager
ESneaker wrote:
Which Animation Software should I use?

It depends on what you're wanting to do, and what you're comfortable with. Asking which one to go for is a bit of a broad question lol.
cause at the end of the day, it all comes down to preference.

If you don't have a tablet, and you wanna still get down, pivot is a fantastic place to start.

Honestly, if you have a tablet, I suggest openTOONZ for the free route, but as a fair warning, it's still hella new, so there will be tons of bugs, and stuff to get used to. but there are already some decent tutorials out there. If you have a bit of cash, you can try out Toonboom. If you're a student you can get it for like 6 bucks a month I think. If you have cc, then try out animate. Hell, photoshop even has some pretty ok animation tools.

-words-

Last edited by Sareth on December 7th, 2016, 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove part of comment talking about illegal software
Villager
This might be a stupid question but what about those animation apps for iPad and android like stick nodes? I'd also mention flipnote but that would be pointless because as of now Nintendo basically stopped making it possible to obtain flipnote from it's app store.

Villager
What is the best alternative for flash from this list?

Villager
I feel like pivot is the most simplest one on the list, granted that I only tried a few. Pencil 2D is simple (for me) but it has an issue with corrupting your save file if it gets to big.

Nothing Makes Sense!!

Page 5 of 7   |   Go to page   |   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Search for:

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a browser that doesn't support the technology this website uses.

Don't fret. There are solutions.

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a version of Internet Explorer that this site doesn't support.

Don't fret. There are solutions.