Favorites
Show All / Manage

You have no favorites.

Page 1 of 1
Villager
Hello! I'm Trail Mix, an artist and an (admittedly not amazing) animator looking to get into RHG and other fun little things like that. I also make music but it's not that great.

I like making character designs and coming up with cool ideas, so of course RHG was something I'd be interested in.
For instance, here's the character I've made and may be animating in the future:

I look forward to being part of this community!

Villager
Heyo Trail Mix!

Your character seems pretty awesome, is he your first one? Or did you have previous work? Cause he's really cool!

I think here, we call them duelists... and that RHG is a separate thing. I mean, your character can be both a duelist and RHG, but duelist specifically refers to fighters in the world of Cier that much of the dojo duels take place in.

I think that character sheet covers most of the info that they want for duelist applications, but you'll still need a banner in addition to it - they seem to be very strict about the exact banner!

Well, I'm new here too XD. I hope your duelist gets accepted, if you choose to submit him in a duelist application.
Good luck!

Villager
Gry- wrote:
Heyo Trail Mix!

Your character seems pretty awesome, is he your first one? Or did you have previous work? Cause he's really cool!

I think here, we call them duelists... and that RHG is a separate thing. I mean, your character can be both a duelist and RHG, but duelist specifically refers to fighters in the world of Cier that much of the dojo duels take place in.

I think that character sheet covers most of the info that they want for duelist applications, but you'll still need a banner in addition to it - they seem to be very strict about the exact banner!

Well, I'm new here too XD. I hope your duelist get accepted, if you choose to submit him in a duelist application.
Good luck!

I'm super-ultra new to the systems specifically, at least the intricate details of it, so i really had no idea about any of that! Thanks :P
As for it being my first character? not...not exactly. I've had a lot of ideas, and a lot of scrapped ideas. Bubbles was the first character i decided "i can do something with this" without also having to say "man, animating this would be..."

Villager
XD
SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME.
In respect to animating, that is, or even just drawing a design consistently.

I basically took a crash-course in RHG/Dojo history for the past week, I've always known that these animations existed, but I didn't know what they... were, in respect to the whole system/community. I'm hoping if I join this community, I can give myself something to animate and a reason to practice animating - I keep putting it off XD.

You'd probably find this easily enough, if you haven't already, but this is a link the basic application rules:
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=6178

But there are other systems/exceptions on top of that, such as the Cierite System: viewtopic.php?f=46&p=134635#p134635
That enable you to unlock, for example, a second duelist slot (normally you can only have one active duelist at a time, I think).

And there is also the system of rice, which is how they/you can track your progress... also if you reach like, -10 rice, I believe you get a ban (The only way to get negative rice is to do bad things tho, like abandoning a dojo duel, cause you need to keep your word/be truthful if you agree to a project, etc.). White rice is for animations, brown rice is for comics. You can also earn rices for completing challanges. Can't find the thread that explains that at this point XD.

And there is the lore too, if you want to figure-out the sort of backstory and how to fit your character into it. Also gives some ideas for the kinds of environments you might want to set your fights in.

Yeah, a lot of stuff XD. I've probably missed things too.

Villager
Yoooo, my dude! I joined the website now too!

You seem to know what you're doing better than I do so Imma use your post as a sort of guideline okay?

Page 1 of 1
Search for:

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a browser that doesn't support the technology this website uses.

Don't fret. There are solutions.

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a version of Internet Explorer that this site doesn't support.

Don't fret. There are solutions.