Favorites
Show All / Manage

You have no favorites.

Page 1 of 8   |   Go to page   |   1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Soldier
My studies on the drawing fundamentals (line, shape, perspective, form, value, colour, composition, etc.)

more coming...

it's not suppose to look like anything, a "good" result is a side effect not the goal - embrace the suck.

Farmer
Woah those are real beautiful studies

Manatea~

Soldier
Thanks! here's another one. some imagined thing...

it's not suppose to look like anything, a "good" result is a side effect not the goal - embrace the suck.

Soldier
turning everyday objects into something...

Villager
Nice studies! Not enough of the people here are practicing the fundamentals.

Soldier
sixilli wrote:
Nice studies! Not enough of the people here are practicing the fundamentals.

thanks for compliments. I think most of the people here don't do much fundamental study because of the contents here are mostly stick figures and stylized drawing. Another reason is most of the people here are very young and probably do drawing and animation as hobby and not so much of a serious thing for them or they either find the drawing fundamentals studies boring. Another reason is they probably don't know or don't have a clear idea of what drawing fundamentals are. These are just my observations.

Just to be a little bit generous, here's an over view of the drawing fundamentals that I just made.
http://www.hyunsdojo.com/uploads/photos ... c6b5_f.png

Villager
Wow! I wish I can draw background like this! It's really beautiful <3

Samurai
Your stuff is pretty beautiful however I think one of the things that takes away from the believability of your forms is that you primarily use lines to convey edges which totally takes away from it and forces a cartoonist feel. I think what may help you if youre interested is to use ambient occlusion instead of line. Heres a brief explanation of the ambient occlusion process, its worth a try: http://dalo-artspell.blogspot.com/2014/ ... orial.html

Also another thing regarding line you need work on is line quality. A lot of your lines look like chicken scratch. A great way to remedy this issue is to practice gestures. Idk if youre big on drawing humans but regardless this practice is very helpful for training your hand. Practice drawing these figures for 30 seconds or 1 minute each http://reference.sketchdaily.net/en/ This practice will help you get into the swing of drawing with quick and smooth strokes instead of hairy gross overlapping lines.\

Keep at it friend, and remember to practice often.

Soldier
Thanks for the feedbacks! I'll try forcing myself to do better with my lines from now on.

Soldier
some draftsmanship exercises

Page 1 of 8   |   Go to page   |   1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Search for:

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a browser that doesn't support the technology this website uses.

Don't fret. There are solutions.

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a version of Internet Explorer that this site doesn't support.

Don't fret. There are solutions.