Favorites
Show All / Manage

You have no favorites.

Page 1 of 1
Farmer
Hey everyone, I've missed this place! Some of you may know me from back in the day (FluidAnims, Stickpage, ShiftLimits). If you're (understandably) unfamiliar, most of my stuff is on this YT channel.

So as you may have guessed by the title, I have a project to talk about! It's an upcomic webcomic called Loaded Save.

Below is a brief overview of the concept.

Loaded Save is a science-fiction graphic novel exploring technology, spirituality, and consciousness through a colorful cast of characters, fantastical battles, humor, and big questions. For ages 16+.

In the not-too-distant future in The Waste, a worldwide 'recycle bin' connected to every computer on the planet. Billions of digital programs, files, and discarded pieces of code are sent to The Waste as the waiting area before they are deleted. Permanently. Our story follows mysteriously sentient computer programs. They have personalities, quirks, and souls driving their survival in The Waste, or their participation in The Tournament. The Tournament is the final destination in which programs fight to the death, thus 'freeing up space' in The Waste. In it, programs are encouraged to fully use their abilities, ranging from the bizarrely creative to the overwhelmingly destructive.

We follow two prophets and revolutionaries: Phaedra, a peaceful, compassionate leader with a deep conviction of there being a higher plane of existence beyond The Waste. And Pix, a focused, hostile leader who is taking lives left and right in the name of his cause, absorbing programs to deliver them to a private server, free from The Tournament's bloodsport.

Along the way we meet programs of all sizes and purposes, as well as the powers that govern this brutal world. The revolutionaries spark a heated discussion about the nature of all programs' mortality. Will they be correct? Will they be honest? And what will be the cost of their ideals? And where are the humans in all of this? How could they let this happen?

Coming Summer 2018, baby!

At this point, I'm gathering a list of people to send the opening chapters for early feedback. If that interests you, post below or message me on Discord. Otherwise, I'll be plugging away at the story and finding a way to update here, on social media, on my website, or something :)

PS: If any of you remember Mr. Pix from my early animating days, he's in this story. He's changed a LOT, and won't look quite the same, but he served as the catalyst for this story years ago, before I felt ready to take on this story.

K I'm done yammering, see you guys around!

Duel Mod
"Oh hecc it's the Mr. Pix dude!".
This sounds very interesting! Even though I'm not an avid writer (at least for something like this) I'd be interested in reading and giving some feedback on the opening chapters. If you'd like to communicate over Discord, my tag is Halcyon#4959.

Farmer
@Halcyon Thanks for showing interest man! Be an early adopter ;D it's one of the coolest feelings.

Page 1 of 1
Search for:

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a browser that doesn't support the technology this website uses.

Don't fret. There are solutions.

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a version of Internet Explorer that this site doesn't support.

Don't fret. There are solutions.