Favorites
Show All / Manage

You have no favorites.

Page 1 of 9   |   Go to page   |   1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Samurai
(Click to view full image)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

some people say i like to draw

Soldier
I really like the super simple stuff you do like the piece bellow.

Some problems that I see throughout all of these pieces are the hands. They're not that well constructed and takes away some of he charm your style has. So yeah put some time into studying hands and how to construct them.

Also, render the forms of the body more round. A lot of your more render pieces have edges reading as hard rather than a soft wrap around to the back.

Last are the faces. All of them have a very flat quality to them. I've seen the stuff you've done in the past and you've definitely improved. But they're still far from perfect. Seeing how you're aiming for an anime-esque style study your favorite artist, how they manage the face, mix in some more traditional stuff so you can learn about the planes of the face and learn to draw the face from many different angles

Well thats all from me, hope that helped.

Source
I feel so anonymous

Samurai
@Someone0956 always hogging the cnc spotlight with his well thought out cnc <3.
Nothing much to add to what he said. I'm loving the perspective in that one hanging on a pole.

Samurai
Thanks @Someone0956

Monk
Needs more values :^)

Butseriously, I like the simplified style you've been going for recently, it definitely suits you more that some of the others you've tried out, all you need to do is settle into it and perfect it now

♥ K A W A I IImageK A W A I I ♥

Janitor
Hmm @drone I see what u mean, but for some I really liked the values. refreshing from the onslaught of extreme values a lot of people use. However, from a artistic standpoint, I'd agree with drone. I also think you should develop a line style a bit more as it seems u go loosy goosey and rather curvy smooth line but at some spots in ur pieces, it just isn't doing that and the random tiny inconsistencies make it feel awkward

Samurai
That's pretty vague, can you be more specific about my line development @qulxis

Janitor
Like for example, using sycra yasin, he make all his lines have a slight inward curve compared to how they would naturally be so if he made all of his lines that way but made a few roundish, it would loose charisma despite if it looked pretty good (which knowing sycra, it still probably would look great). I think he even made a whole video on it. For your's, you smooth out more ridged edges that would naturally occur an example would be how you do your digits of ur fingers or often how you deal with the little intent that would appear on the furthermost area in a 3/4 view that would normally express the cheek bone or the eye socket area (common in anime styles btw). Keep in mind that even if something is not necessarily ridge in real life situations, the line style can be applied to make the exaggeration. That's really the main difference I ever see, besides technical things like color composition, between professionals and other artists. Take a look at some professional work and ull see what I mean. Only thing to watch out for is removing too much mass. Exaggeration, which is what I'm talking about, is modifying the proportions while keeping the over all mass. So like in anime commonly, the mass is taken from the chin or neck to add to the eyes. Otherwise it would look really weird. You can try stuff like that for fun like making the abdomen tiny and transfer the mass to the chest and that will give an entirely new look and attitude of the character depending on how it is done.

Ps, ignore all of what I said if u plan to go hyper realistic.

Villager
I think your cell-shaded work is nice, if you applied that type of value range to the other techniques you use I think it'd look interesting too.
But whatever floats your boat, gj

<asd> jowTERKOIZoj
<asd> look how it rolls off the tongue

Samurai
Interesting, Ill keep that in mind.

Page 1 of 9   |   Go to page   |   1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Search for:

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a browser that doesn't support the technology this website uses.

Don't fret. There are solutions.

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a version of Internet Explorer that this site doesn't support.

Don't fret. There are solutions.