Favorites
Show All / Manage

You have no favorites.

Page 1 of 2   |   Go to page   |   1, 2  Next
Villager
This game allows you to have some freedom to explore and travel around to become stronger however they choose to become so, whether by doing quests, hunting other players, NPCs and other things. The game would be designed to make you choose what you want to do instead of holding your hand for 90% of the time.

You'll be able to become a gladiator and assigned to tasks, missions and also participate in tournament battles against NPCs and other players. You can choose a general stat path where you want your character to be in (whether it is fighter,mage or tank and so on) then you'll be able to assign your own stats freely each level. There would also be alot of customization elements that would make your character unique like different skill setups, clothing and weapons. Later on you'd be able to choose weather or not you're a good character, neutral, or evil.

What has been done so far is basically just placeholder stuff , i have a stick figure character sprite(which has been updated) that could be alot better but since there aren't much stuff from rpg maker regarding stick figures i had to improvise and modify one of the existing rpg maker ones and just made it plain black. The style of the map i was going for was like a moba styled one, where you have a base and then you go out into the wilderness,jungle and rivers until you find the next landmark and what not. There still needs to be a female sprite so i'm working on that. Classes have to be redone. Here's some few screenshots

A little update, Redid the stick figure sprite, looks better in my opinion and as of now i got some armor and some weapon graphics done. I want to get some skills working and redo the classes so i can have a demo out soon

i didn't really have the motivation until realizing there aren't alot or any prominent mmo stick figure rpgs of this sort. I did have a playable version running and was using a custom character stat system but i didn't get enough forms turned it to actually make use of it so i just left it there. I have to make changes to the user interface and actually try to make a presentable map and maybe a trailer of some sort? i dunno. I have alot of items and skills to make so i've been preparing myself and collecting alot of different ideas for skills that players would be able to use.

If you want to point out somethings to me and give me feedback and criticism i'll gladly accept it.

Monk
Well something like this would be pretty difficult to program and maintain, but it does look like a good idea. Of course, you'd have to hire people to input a person's character into the game, and work around a way to download/upload a player's character data and sprite sheet during the loading of a match, because otherwise the data would have to be in the game itself and that would mean people would have to update their game pretty much daily in order to play against new characters. Probably the only thing really difficult about this is the part where you make your own character, since there'd not only have to be guidelines on speed, power, and pretty much everything, but also probably a lot of hassle for not only developers but also the players, since nearly every new player they fight would have a completely unpredictable moveset. Some people like me would see that as a good thing. A challenge. But others might not. Also, unless you have moderators make sure the character's movesets and abilities aren't OP, they gotta test each one out, cuz for all they know, a punch could have like really long range and easily spammable with one character. But OTHER than that, it seems like a fun idea. My recommendation would be to only use a set character list of popular RHGs (with permission from creators) and do away with the "make your own character" thing or just make it so anyone can apply for a new character, and the best ones entered will be put in the next update of the game. But since the "make your own character" thing kinda defines the whole game, it's really your choice whether or not you wanna keep it in. But overall I like the idea. What are you writing the game in? Because if you're writing in flash actionscript I might be able to help out.

There's nothing here dude why are you even reading this

Banned User
battle system? huh?>

Monk
I am going to move this to the programming section but this is really cool man keep up the good work.

- Quote Amy

Soldier
This looks really awesome man! I would legit play something like this. Can't wait for the outcome!

poopoo peepee hilarious and original

Soldier
is that the fucking ninja academy from naruto: path of the ninja lmfao

Ninja
@xxpandakxx can I add my RHG in that game?

Monk
Skyline wrote:
I am going to move this to the programming section but this is really cool man keep up the good work.

@Skyline He kinda already had one in the programming section for this. So there's 2 threads now.

There's nothing here dude why are you even reading this

Villager
LEGACYsm wrote:
battle system? huh?>

Similar to a traditional action based system from mmos, normal auto attacks with a hotbar of skills to use and you have skills has cooldown before they can be used again.

yunero wrote:
is that the fucking ninja academy from naruto: path of the ninja lmfao

Yes it is, the acadamy type map i made was so much crap.This is just a placeholder

Vibra wrote:
@xxpandakxx can I add my RHG in that game?

Kinda, you'll be able to customize your character with items and skills similiar to your rhg

Villager
Quote:
Well something like this would be pretty difficult to program and maintain, but it does look like a good idea.

To maintain yes, but its very easy and simple.the picture you see is actual gameplay incase you were wondering

Quote:
Probably the only thing really difficult about this is the part where you make your own character, since there'd not only have to be guidelines on speed, power, and pretty much everything, but also probably a lot of hassle for not only developers but also the players, since nearly every new player they fight would have a completely unpredictable moveset. Some people like me would see that as a good thing. A challenge.

It is and sadly i'm no longer using that system

Page 1 of 2   |   Go to page   |   1, 2  Next
Search for:

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a browser that doesn't support the technology this website uses.

Don't fret. There are solutions.

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a version of Internet Explorer that this site doesn't support.

Don't fret. There are solutions.