Favorites
Show All / Manage

You have no favorites.

Page 1 of 3   |   Go to page   |   1, 2, 3  Next
Dojo Partner
Update 5/29/2015
Good News and Bad News:

-Bad News -
I'm no longer working on this project. I am declaring it abandoned.

-Good News -
I've released the source code and assets to the demo for anyone to play with! Free!

Please see this blogpost for the juicy details: http://mikedmoy.com/slush-dungeon-is-dunzo/

Click here to play the latest demo of the game.

Update 8/29/2014
Long time no see!

To be honest, I should've made this update back in April, since I've stopped working on this game since then.

Nonetheless, I have made significant progress on the game:
  • New custom (but simple) physics engine! Oughta support a good 100 objects at once.
  • Dynamic skit selection - Different scripted conversations appear depending on party members and their actions.
  • Mirrored rooms - Rooms' mirrored versions are now added to the generation pool, allowing for twice the "variety".
  • Persistent background textures - Backgrounds reflect the player's elevation in the dungeon.
  • Team Management - Split up your party members and control them in completely different rooms.
  • Background music gets a cool filter effect during pause.
  • Sthomas!

Try out the new stuff here!
http://mikedmoy.com/codingdir/slush-dungeon/

So why has Slush Dungeon has been neglected this past half-year?

Well, I've been busy with a whole bunch of life transitions (graduating college, internship, getting a job).

In addition, I've picked up a new pet project, "Slush Tile Rush", which is much less ambitious in project scope.
My plan is to finish Slush Tile Rush and then decide on the fate of Slush Dungeon.
I'll likely put it on hold, where it will join the rest of my vast collection of unfinished games.

Original Post - 1/8/2014
Hia!

Gildedguy here, you might be familiar with my Slush Invaders animations and game.

I just wanted to share my new project, "Slush Dungeon" (such a creative working title, I know).

It's an action platformer with rogue-like elements and squad-based dungeon crawling.

Some gameplay features:
  • Randomly generated dungeons, with different enemy and loot amounts for each play-through.
  • Control up to 3 fighters at a time, each with distinct combat styles.
  • Synergy - Instead of leveling up and gaining stats, fighters become more "in-synch" with each other.
  • Emphasis on resource management and exploration.

Right now I'm using Flash's native vector graphics for rending, but I'm looking into using the Starling engine instead.

Hopefully, I can get it to look something like this:

Anyways, you can try it out here:
http://www.filz.us/26NS
http://mikedmoy.com/codingdir/slush-dungeon/
Let me know if you think it's fun!

All feedback is welcome, though, I'm already aware of the bugs.
Keep in mind that this is a very rough prototype, so animations will be missing, and the fighters are a bit OP for testing purposes.

Soldier
I like how this is going so far.
It's obviously in an early stage of development, but I do have a couple of bits of feedback.
1. Like you said, player characters are a bit op, so the game is really easy.
2. I found that it was difficult for me to keep track of the characters, as they got lost among the enemies I was fighting against. They're a bit bulky to say the least.

But I like where it's going, and I'm interested to see what this is like when all the artwork/enemies/characters are all in the game.

Eat tha spaghetti to forgetti your regretti

My Droolist

Forum Mod
A new Slush'ies?! Good luck with it, PiLL0 pretty much said what I already had in mind in regards to feedback, however, I was thinking you could also add some dungeon traps in some rooms like projectiles firing horizontally/vertically at fixed timed intervals while still having enemies in the room. That would help to add some difficultly

Soldier
This is going quite well, I think. Good job so far.

The only thing aside from what's been stated/bugs, is that I feel I encountered much more dead ends than I think should be in there.

My deviantArt Account.

Oi, you. Yeah you. Go there ^^^

Now. Or else

Soldier
Wow. Awesome. :D Can't wait for more!

---
Yo! I have a website that it'd be cool if you'd check out: [LINK]

Villager
Simply amazing!
Great work!

Grasshopper
Great work so far, can't wait for more.

Villager
This is so awesome michael!

Villager
im waiting for it

AxelAnimations_HD Animations
-http://axelanimations.hyunsdojo.com/
C:x:x:x:x:x[]=======================================/

Farmer
woah this awesome.

Page 1 of 3   |   Go to page   |   1, 2, 3  Next
Search for:

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a browser that doesn't support the technology this website uses.

Don't fret. There are solutions.

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a version of Internet Explorer that this site doesn't support.

Don't fret. There are solutions.