Favorites
Show All / Manage

You have no favorites.

Page 3 of 5   |   Go to page   |   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Suspended User
I remember that comment you made on C3's animation saying you'd make a game, lmao i thought that was a joke

you must think you're pretty funny, huh?

Farmer
Polish up your prototype and make it pretty so you don't leave a bad taste in peoples mouths. I know if I played an ugly prototype i wouldn't want to play it nor fund the game. But then again it's a prototype.

Villager
MrsHusband wrote:
Polish up your prototype and make it pretty so you don't leave a bad taste in peoples mouths. I know if I played an ugly prototype i wouldn't want to play it nor fund the game. But then again it's a prototype.

Yah, I understand what you mean. It's just that my focus is to get the prototype laid out so I can test and get feedback on the gameplay. However, I will polish the visuals once I've made sure that the gameplay is solid.

The polished prototype is the one that I will be releasing to the public and be using to advertise the Kickstarter.

Villager
Try not to focus too much on polish right now. That can easily be added later after gamplay. *Better animations, textures, stuff.*

Work on getting a playable demo done. If not for us, then for you.

The hardest part about making a game is deciding if your game is fun.
If you keep piling stuff on top of the basic idea of the game. It will be hard to figure out what makes the game fun. Or why it isn't.

For example. A basic third person fighting game requires three things.
-Player with a method of attacking. That could be a box with a simple sword that swings back and forth.
-Enemies that run and/or maybe shoot player. More boxes.
-Box Level.

Something like this and you can already somewhat tell if what your trying to do will be fun to play in the end. Sometimes Its hard to judge the prototype because it dosnt have any flair. However, at the core of every game is something that looks like what I described above.

Anyways..
Just my little bit.

Cheers. :)

Villager
Civilian wrote:
Try not to focus too much on polish right now. That can easily be added later after gamplay. *Better animations, textures, stuff.*

Work on getting a playable demo done. If not for us, then for you.

The hardest part about making a game is deciding if your game is fun.
If you keep piling stuff on top of the basic idea of the game. It will be hard to figure out what makes the game fun. Or why it isn't.

For example. A basic third person fighting game requires three things.
-Player with a method of attacking. That could be a box with a simple sword that swings back and forth.
-Enemies that run and/or maybe shoot player. More boxes.
-Box Level.

Something like this and you can already somewhat tell if what your trying to do will be fun to play in the end. Sometimes Its hard to judge the prototype because it dosnt have any flair. However, at the core of every game is something that looks like what I described above.

Anyways..
Just my little bit.

Cheers. :)

Thank you for your input. It's for those reasons that I wanted to get the gameplay tested before I did anything else. However, I can understand why many people are giving advice related to the visual polish of the game.

Villager
Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been playing around with the design of the tutorial.
Here's some footage from the latest build of the area.

Soldier
Some things I noticed @Diamondhenge
-Attacking tutorial (press left click to attack) was a bit too long. I also think you should have a special attack button to chain attacks too but whatever
-First person view isn't first person. It's a zoomed in third person
-throwing the shurkiens don't seem satisfying
-Golem walking animation seems kind of lame. It should be a slow loom.
-Dodging seems kinda off. Maybe a slow down not an insant stop

However, if this infects your vision/goals of what you want the game to be in the future, I don't really care if you ignore these suggestions. Just giving my 2 cents to this :D

Also, I am aware this is an early version of the game so yeah

this is a chicken wing

Villager
Hey3210 wrote:
Some things I noticed @Diamondhenge
-Attacking tutorial (press left click to attack) was a bit too long. I also think you should have a special attack button to chain attacks too but whatever
-First person view isn't first person. It's a zoomed in third person
-throwing the shurkiens don't seem satisfying
-Golem walking animation seems kind of lame. It should be a slow loom.
-Dodging seems kinda off. Maybe a slow down not an insant stop

However, if this infects your vision/goals of what you want the game to be in the future, I don't really care if you ignore these suggestions. Just giving my 2 cents to this :D

Also, I am aware this is an early version of the game so yeah

I appreciate your feedback. I'll keep these points in mind as I improve the engine.
(Also nice catch with the "First Person" mode. Originally the mechanic had you go into a first person view, but I opted to change it to a third person view.)

Villager
Our game logo is finished and has been added to the front post.

Soldier
Reminds me alot of Final Fantasy's logo lol. I guess you were going for that look

@Diamondhenge

this is a chicken wing

Page 3 of 5   |   Go to page   |   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Search for:

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a browser that doesn't support the technology this website uses.

Don't fret. There are solutions.

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a version of Internet Explorer that this site doesn't support.

Don't fret. There are solutions.