Favorites
Show All / Manage

You have no favorites.

Page 3 of 3   |   Go to page   |   Previous  1, 2, 3
Soldier
Surfer171 wrote:
hey pepper, i was wondering about this link provided:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nub6b ... ds.zip.001

im wondering what's inside and if possible, can you fix the file type for it. thanks

those are from crysis 2, it's a whole multi-zip thing, .001 through .006. download all, then unzip the .001 with 7-zip.

Villager
Thank you !

butt..... why didn't you name them ? i have to listen to 1139 just to find one specific sound ? Q.Q

Villager
omg thx! you saved meeeee!!!

Villager
thanks for an updated version of me ol sonds

Soldier
Daniella wrote:
Thank you !

butt..... why didn't you name them ? i have to listen to 1139 just to find one specific sound ? Q.Q

some stuff ripped from games might be nameless simply because the game didnt store names, instead storing a memory address. AudioKinnetic WWise Middleware thats used in a lot of games these days tends to be nameless unless the devs leave in the .xml data the encoder generates. most don't, since its not needed for the game to find audio samples, its just a report of what it put where for debugging purposes.

ps2 sound rips also tend to rely on memory adresses which is useless. its an optimization practice really. why store the extra text and call upon fire_gun_firstperson_loop2.snd (example) when calling upon 0a6eb7823 (example) is much fewer characters and does the same thing. xbox tended to store filenames though, but it also had a pc-like filesystem. there's also no good xbox classic emulator which means there's no desire to backup discs these days, which means no rips to pull sounds from. a lot of gamecube games dont store file names either, same for ps1 and n64, sample banks just stored a number with each sample.

Soldier
Aw Pepper, you god of sounds you <3

Currently on a break until September-October. Do not direct any questions towards me, as I will not answer them until then.

Page 3 of 3   |   Go to page   |   Previous  1, 2, 3
Search for:

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a browser that doesn't support the technology this website uses.

Don't fret. There are solutions.

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a version of Internet Explorer that this site doesn't support.

Don't fret. There are solutions.