Favorites
Show All / Manage

You have no favorites.

Page 2 of 2   |   Go to page   |   Previous  1, 2
Villager
i use to do it this way, but if u just press clear when exporting theres no need to change the bitrate, o3o

;3

Monk
In Audacity pressing Clear just clears the metadata (e.g. artist, album), it doesn't change the bitrate or change anything about how sounds work in Flash. If you export a sound from Audacity at the wrong bitrate it will play at a wrong speed and pitch in Flash, regardless of the metadata.

Soldier
TheKitsuneGamer wrote:
i use to do it this way, but if u just press clear when exporting theres no need to change the bitrate, o3o

that only works if the file is already at the right frequency, and clearing metadata (artist, year, album, etc) has nothing to do with it. it has to do with the file being some flash can't handle well, like maybe certain mp3's at vbr (variable bit rates, flash is picky which ones of these it takes) or cbr (constant bit rate) off the standard specturm (64-80-128-160-256-320, though you can also have certain files with other bit rates, 96 for example. there's even more obscure ones like 204 or 118 (which are extremely rare, and no longer part of the codec last I checked) that flash hates.)

exporting reencodes the file to whatever you set, so typically you're exporting to either a raw wav (not compressed, compression like adpcm on wavs means flash wont take it, but audacity will if it can decode it) or a more standard 160/320kbps mp3.

flash is also picky if something just isnt right with the file. audacity is less so, so a small hitch in the format wont stop audacity from importing, then exporting fixes it.

HeartOfTheStorm wrote:
In Audacity pressing Clear just clears the metadata (e.g. artist, album), it doesn't change the bitrate or change anything about how sounds work in Flash. If you export a sound from Audacity at the wrong bitrate Frequency! it will play at a wrong speed and pitch in Flash, regardless of the metadata.

FTFY.

Monk
Ah frick I forgot that Bitrate and Frequency/Playback rate were totally different. I was recently wondering why Flash wouldn't import some stuff unless I sent it through Audacity even when it started as the right Playback Rate, but your comment explained it well.

Page 2 of 2   |   Go to page   |   Previous  1, 2
Search for:

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a browser that doesn't support the technology this website uses.

Don't fret. There are solutions.

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a version of Internet Explorer that this site doesn't support.

Don't fret. There are solutions.