Favorites
Show All / Manage

You have no favorites.

Page 1 of 2   |   Go to page   |   1, 2  Next
Villager
this is my first ever project using V-cam, not even sure if im using the right aspect ratios but anyway. my little stick figure has come along way since i started on pivot and im just starting to get into more combo based movement then one hit KOs, any tips on movement in the air and hit reactions would really be appreciated.. need some ideas for the next bit and tips on how to handle animating packs of people.. all up i think this has taken me over 13 hours.

Villager
So i managed to completely break this project, ive some how made it completely de- sync, all the combat no longer lines up and my effects are all over the fucking place.. ive decided to abandon this project and start fresh....

Farmer
First off, it's extremely choppy. Like VERY. Add more in-betweens and smooth it out more. Also what are those pauses before attacks? It adds to my point that this animation doesn't flow nicely. Stop adding those pauses, it doesn't look very good. Another things is, the hits don't really have much force in them due to the fact it is not eased properly (Easing is one of the 12 principals of animation, search it up, it'll help a ton). One last thing, most of the camera movement looks ok, but don't tilt the V-cam. It looks very weird.

What to do:
Add more in-betweens and learn how to ease actions
Why?
- to add more force into the actions
- Animation itself is very choppy

Stop adding 3-5 frame pauses before avery action
Why?
- Ruins the flow of the fight

Don't tilt the V-cam
Why?
- Looks weird

Villager
hey there, thank you so much for your feedback. after trying to go back and fix my mistakes i just decided to give up and start again.. i think i managed to fix some of the stuff you addressed so i'll upload what ive come up with this time, i hope this ones better then the last

Farmer
Pogboy wrote:
hey there, thank you so much for your feedback. after trying to go back and fix my mistakes i just decided to give up and start again.. i think i managed to fix some of the stuff you addressed so i'll upload what ive come up with this time, i hope this ones better then the last

Oh my gosh, I love it it! Looks way better! Keep up the great work my dude! :D

Villager
awesome, anything that should be corrected?

Villager
The second combo is definitely way better. You should work on your physics and the application of gravity on your stick figures because when they react to the blue man's hits sometimes they fall to fast or too slow. Though you don't have to follow this if this isn't your animation style. Many animators intentionally do not apply physics to their animation, but that's their own thing. Good job!

Villager
thanks for the advice Hueycoy, ive been trying to get my physics down pat but im having trouble with reactions, just cant seem to get the falls and throws right.. but your right i definitely need to work on my gravity and my complete inability to animate weapons :3

Villager
so i went back and decided to add a background, i cant figure out how to put a logo over my v cam so i just decided to add my name on a sign in the background, also tried to do a little bit of blood and some lightning effects, not sure if the last half is any good.. sort of ran out of ideas.. please feel free to pick it apart, be as brutal as you want.. never gonna learn without some harsh criticism..

Villager
Ok so i finished this animation, put audio behind it and i think its turned out quite well.. im rather proud of this one. i added the falcon punch because a friend on mine requested i do it, it was a good experience of doing requests.. rather good really to be working from others ideas :3, anyway.. i'll give it a rest on the posting for a few days. . hopefully part two will be along soon, im gunna put a allot more time into the next one. aiming for the 20-30 second mark. tell me what you guys think

Page 1 of 2   |   Go to page   |   1, 2  Next
Search for:

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a browser that doesn't support the technology this website uses.

Don't fret. There are solutions.

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a version of Internet Explorer that this site doesn't support.

Don't fret. There are solutions.