Favorites
Show All / Manage

You have no favorites.

[ONGOING] Defend The City!

Page 1 of 2   |   Go to page   |   1, 2  Next
Villager
Premise
The city has come under attack from an unknown foe, build defenses and attack the large towering device before it finishes charging up an attack to destroy the city!

Hello, Cottontail(AKA Sgtpiggy) here this is the first collaboration I've ever started, (i have one other in the works) I thought i could start with something simple and straight forward so here we are, Defend the City begins!. A little background info about this collab, it was inspired by a meme i participated in on a discord server and went a little like this
instantly when i showed people on the dojo discord i was asked if it was a collab, and after saying it wasn't I was asked to make it so. Anyway feel free to critique me on how I run this, since it is my first collab.

RULES
  • You must have a version of adobe flash (sorry pivot animators) it can be any version of flash
  • i'm looking for moderate skill level, please try your best though if you think you're just below avg.
  • use the fps and size the template provides (there are more rules in the template itself)
  • if you're going to mess with any symbols that are in the "Template" folder in the file please let me know.
  • your part must begin fading in from black and then when your part is finished fade to black.
  • try to make your part 10-20 seconds long, they can be longer if you like not much more than 30 seconds though please

Important Notes
If you're stumped on how your part works, you're essentially bringing in a defense (this can be anything as long as it's appropriate) and attacking the big robot thing charging it's laser, trying to stop it before it destroys the city.
You may place your defenses anywhere. The designated red square is just a bg element, you may place your defense there if you want. You MUST start at the right side from the ramp.
Your defenses can be living people if you like. Do with that as you like
You don't have to use the extra camera angles provided in the template.
IMPORTANT: do not destroy the machine in your part, the point is you're attacking it to lower it's health and after all the parts it may be destroyed at the end of the collab!

YOUR ENEMY:

Template

DUE DATE: January 20th

Farmer
OH DAMN AN ORIGINAL COLLAB! I'm in!

Spaaaaaaaaaace

Villager
Will the enemy just charge or can it shoot mini lasers from somewhere and are we supposed to destroy it or fail to destroy it? becuz I WILL JOIN THE COLLAB!

Villager
can i participate for the collab but i have stick nodes so can i join

Grasshopper
i use sticknodes can i still join

Farmer
It says you gotta have adobe flash @SkyhighGuy1234 @THUNDER2k seems like you didn't read the rules

I should really work on my demo

Villager
@Oran153 Yeah, it'll be charging in post, and yes, you don't destroy it in your part however after all the collective parts it is destroyed, imagine it like a big boss battle and everyone's collaborating to destroy it. i'll add that to important notes. i'm also thinking of adding "stages" let me know what yall think about that, say after a few parts it goes to "stage 2" and starts deploying troops or something.

And yes, this is a flash collaboration, we don't take parts from sticknodes.

Ninja
Hey this is a gr8 innovation man, seems like a cool collab that could do well.
Good luck bro

Animating since 2016
"Those who consider themselves the knowledge of everything, they do not know how small a grain of rice is. Those who are humble upon knowledge gains the knowledge of everything..."

Villager
@Sgtpiggy2 thank you for the info! and btw, the stages idea is awesome! Hope this collab will finish!

Villager
i hope so too, i'm making a few parts currently to get some examples out.

Page 1 of 2   |   Go to page   |   1, 2  Next
Search for:

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a browser that doesn't support the technology this website uses.

Don't fret. There are solutions.

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a version of Internet Explorer that this site doesn't support.

Don't fret. There are solutions.