Favorites
Show All / Manage

You have no favorites.

Page 1 of 11   |   Go to page   |   1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
Monk

DUE DATE HAS PASSED
This means I've begun compiling. If you make an entry, it still might get in, but i recommend getting it done real quick if you want it accepted

Hey guys! I got an idea for a collab about video games. Here's how it works: A black stick is in a video game and he starts in the bottom left corner. He goes through this game and does whatever you want, then ends up mostly in the bottom corner again.

All animation programs can be accepted!

Flash[8 - CS6, but Flash 8 preferred] Template Here:
http://www.filz.us/files/28bea4e2/b97/The_8_Bit_Collab_Template.fla
The template shows very very very detailed versions of the rules to minimize questions to me about the collab, but you probably don't have to read them if you read the basic ones below.

BASIC RULES (some only apply to flash users)
-Video Game Inspired, clothes/weapons matching.
-Character must be black, beggining and end.
-Character can change size, shape, and colors throughout the entry, as long as he's black and average size by the end.
-Stick can be fullbody or whatever.
-Character must start standing in the bottom left corner and end there too.
-Char can interact and have any items or gear you like.
-Add SFX!!
-No music.
-Label everything in the library(symbols, tweens, sounds, etc.)
-Small references allowed.
-Make everything but sounds into a single graphic or movie clip. (Optional)
-Put name in top left corner.
-Joint entries, multiple entries, and very short entries are all accepted
-Preferred to make your entry non-accesible to public.
-Vcam in template can be used and moved how you like.

Specifications
24 FPS;500 width x 400 height resolution

Once entry is finished, PM me the FLA and SWF or AVI in some cases.
Anything Else: Export an AVI, GIF, MP4, or some other basic video format and send that to me instead. Follow the rules above that apply to everyone.
Pivot users, I'd prefer you to send me your piv file

If you have any questions about the collab or the rules, please reply here or PM me about it.
Also I'm doing tryouts for a person to do the ending. If you wanna do it, link an animation you've made.

That's basically it. I hope this collab becomes successful, I and look forward to seeing your work.
Also, if you're entering, please let me know by PM or replying here with the game you wanna do. Multiple entries of the same game can be accepted.

My Example
http://www.filz.us/files/2ff30efd/4df/The_8_Bit_Collab_Entry_1_Alpha_Seagull.swf

I'm hosting this on both the Dojo and Stickpage.

Notice!
I am no longer keeping up with who all is entering and what they've completed. I just honestly don't have time to keep it updated. Just so you know, I've got around 12 or so complete entries, and like 30 people who signed up. Trying to get a few more before release.

Also: even though this is called "The 8-bit Collab" you don't actually have to make an 8-bit looking entry, or use an 8-bit game, if you don't feel like it or don't know how. It's recommended, but not required. Good luck!

I've PM'd everyone I could, so if you didn't get a PM from me, idk what went wrong with it.
ANY GAME CAN BE USED

There's nothing here dude why are you even reading this

Last edited by LucHD on October 25th, 2015, 6:39 am, edited 19 times in total.
Reason: Editing the title
Ninja
This sounds cool! I already have an idea! Add me in! :D

But can i use flash CC14?

Monk
Hey @alpha_seagull I will make a part for your collab happy you came here man .

- Quote Amy

Monk
Septagon wrote:
This sounds cool! I already have an idea! Add me in! :D

But can i use flash CC14?

Sorry, only up to flash CS6. I don't have CC :/ Thanks for joining though!

Monk
Oh only cs6 I only have CC

- Quote Amy

Soldier
add me in! i use fba, so an mp4 will be sent. btw are flash games welcome?

Monk
hey alpha say I exported the video and gave you the Mp4 for it would that work I also would be happy to render the whole thing for you in premier pro if you don't have it already thats how I am doing my trampoline collab.

- Quote Amy

Monk
Animaterix wrote:
hey alpha say I exported the video and gave you the Mp4 for it would that work I also would be happy to render the whole thing for you in premier pro if you don't have it already thats how I am doing my trampoline collab.

MP4 if you have flash CC. Just make sure to make it HD, like use 1000 by 800 instead of 500 by 400. I usually use swivel for that. And i can render it all myself. Thanks for the offer, but I'm good.

Dapstart wrote:
add me in! i use fba, so an mp4 will be sent. btw are flash games welcome?

Good question. Every single existing or developing game for any platform including flash can be used for an entry. That includes even android or iphone apps, and especially stick figure games. Absolutely anything you want :)

Soldier
Can't CC be opened up in CS6 already? I think you can either do that or save as a CS6 document. It's worth a try isn't it? Before you go converting shit.

Farmer
I'll make something for this.

Page 1 of 11   |   Go to page   |   1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
Search for:

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a browser that doesn't support the technology this website uses.

Don't fret. There are solutions.

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a version of Internet Explorer that this site doesn't support.

Don't fret. There are solutions.