Favorites
Show All / Manage

You have no favorites.

Page 1 of 14   |   Go to page   |   1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
Ninja
Sketch/Idea Discussion

Welcome to the Sketch/Idea Discussion Thread, where whoever is going to make a collaboration can post a sketch here and get feedback from the community. Just make sure to check out the Collaborate! Guidelines if this is the first time you try to host a collaboration.

A lot of collaborations fail because their host didn't have a good sketch or plan from the start for them. So sketch your collaboration here as a dummy thread before you make the real one.

Why should you do this?

- Idea: You think your collaboration's idea is great and everyone will like it, right? Think again. Because if you don't communicate with people, you can't be sure of that and maybe the collaboration thread you are about to make won't get any attention.

- How will it work: If this is the first time you host, just read the Collaborate! Guidelines and tell us how the collaboration will work. Program? Canvas? FPS?.... So everyone can read and improve it for you.

- Seeing peoples reaction: It's good to know the minimum number of people interested about your collaboration before you make the thread so that you are sure it won't die out.

- Finding supporters: Hosting something alone can be hard. You can ask someone here who likes your idea to be co-host or artist for your upcoming collaboration.

Note:
- Please use spoiler when you post your sketch.
- For sketch, it could be in the form of just an idea or a sample thread you're going to make if you're going to post it.

Last edited by Dagon on November 17th, 2015, 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Update
Janitor
Great Idea for this thread Lucian!
To kick this off, I had an Idea for a penspinning collab (animated) only problem is I don't know how many people would join it as hands are kinda hard to animate, not a ton do the fb style, and not sure how many know about Pen Spinning in the first place.
How it will work: Any program that runs at 24 fps with around 1280x720 stage area. Canvas would be just a photo or painting due to how the collab would work.

Plot: Basically one would animate a hand spinning a pen w or w out the arm included. The pen would fly in from the upper right side, and exit on the bottom left. How that is done can be found in several videos online and especially full competitions where the member pass the pen around.

Monk
Qulxis wrote:
Great Idea for this thread Lucian!
To kick this off, I had an Idea for a penspinning collab (animated) only problem is I don't know how many people would join it as hands are kinda hard to animate, not a ton do the fb style, and not sure how many know about Pen Spinning in the first place.
How it will work: Any program that runs at 24 fps with around 1280x720 stage area. Canvas would be just a photo or painting due to how the collab would work.

Plot: Basically one would animate a hand spinning a pen w or w out the arm included. The pen would fly in from the upper right side, and exit on the bottom left. How that is done can be found in several videos online and especially full competitions where the member pass the pen around.

Interesting idea, I also see the problem with how many people could actually animate the hands. But for now, I can't really imagine what the collab will look like or what they will be doing inbetween the start and finish. I know you said that several videos could be found online but could you give a link to what you were mentioning? Also an example of what we'll be doing to see if this idea might work or not.

"No means yes, yes means harder" ~Drone 2015

https://i.imgur.com/LV5bz2z.png

Janitor
Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTIbc7WKoKs
Basically that. About part way through they star throwing the pen off and then record someone receiving the pen. It'll make sense when you watch. So yeah, like that but one would need to throw the pen to the left at the end. Then the next part plays and receives the pen from their right making the illusion that the pen is being pasted around

Ninja
Qulxis wrote:
Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTIbc7WKoKs
Basically that. About part way through they star throwing the pen off and then record someone receiving the pen. It'll make sense when you watch. So yeah, like that but one would need to throw the pen to the left at the end. Then the next part plays and receives the pen from their right making the illusion that the pen is being pasted around

@Qulxis I like the idea man, really unique. Glad to see something different from normal stickfigure collab. I am trying fullbody too so if you host this, i think i may join. Btw minimum length for an entry? Programs? Oh and the pen should be the same in all entrys so maybe a template with the pen symbol in it will be great

Janitor
Getting back now a bit late lol. But I probably won't start up this collab for a bit because of personal work and school atm. Maybe during the summer or break time for some people as many collabs are having problems due to other work that people need to do right now

Soldier
ya know i thinking of colab it is a joint collab.... the title is black vs white it is look like a basic collab huh but the special is all of the white's power and weapon is coloured black......and also black's power and weapon is coloured white it is kinda ....... well what you think? the problem is i dont know how i can get 10 or 12 participants for this collab just unsure... so i need a little comment on this collab

hi im so happy :D

Ninja
DRIX0 wrote:
ya know i thinking of colab it is a joint collab.... the title is black vs white it is look like a basic collab huh but the special is all of the white's power and weapon is coloured black......and also black's power and weapon is coloured white it is kinda ....... well what you think? the problem is i dont know how i can get 10 or 12 participants for this collab just unsure... so i need a little comment on this collab

@DRIX0 Hmm idk man, the idea is kinda weird but yeah, show us more information about it then lets see it will work out or not

Monk
DRIX0 wrote:

I think the idea is pretty simple but I'm not sure if a lot of peopl will join. After trying to imagine what it would look like, it might actually be a good idea, simple yet fun kinda like PMvKD. Try posting more animations on the portal and post more on the forums. The more people that know you, the more chances you'll have of getting participants. Tbh, I might even want to host your collab lol

"No means yes, yes means harder" ~Drone 2015

https://i.imgur.com/LV5bz2z.png

Soldier
I have an Idea for next collab but I'm not good at making it actually I've never made any.So the idea will be based on short tribute of game Mortal Kombat X.So I think the idea would look fine and It would be much better if the scenes could be more cinematic and with some trailer shit like that.So angles can be used 2d also,and I would like the last scene which will all characters unite and do something to camera or throw some weapons then camera goes bloodly damaged.I think the idea will sound good but I just cant do the whole collab cuz I've never done one.And I dont know should this work for everyone.

Page 1 of 14   |   Go to page   |   1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
Search for:

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a browser that doesn't support the technology this website uses.

Don't fret. There are solutions.

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a version of Internet Explorer that this site doesn't support.

Don't fret. There are solutions.