Favorites
Show All / Manage

You have no favorites.

Page 1 of 1
Villager
I've been animating for around a year now, on and off. I have done pivot and flash, but recently have fully converted to flash. Now whenever I animate it always takes forever just to make like 10 seconds of my animation. Any tips? should I try and use a story board, how do you guys practice your animations? I prefer cool angles and cinematic shots.

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager!
-Cave Johnson

Villager
I usually draw the story board first on paper... Or just sit down with my eyes closed imagining how the whole thing will roll out before even starting drawing or anything... Just so that I can quickly draw each key frames on flash and finish the rest in betweens frames... That kinda save some time for me. Even 2D animations, I'd like to imagine first how the whole thing will look like before animating it. Hope that helps you somehow @@

Villager
thank you! I just needed to know if a storyboard would be viable

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager!
-Cave Johnson

Villager
@BeepBot
Haha glad it helped! Have fun!

Samurai
there's this one guy who makes movies and he says storyboards are "a tool for cowards", probably because it means you're not prepared to just create (animate in this case) whatever comes to mind

however there are people who do storyboards and it looks pretty good (like dracko) but i really doubt it helps the animations itself

i never storyboard anymore because it takes long and really isn't fun, the most i do is think about what will happen as i'm animating the beginning of the animation

im the best ssf2 zelda

Villager
@Elex I like to think my stuff as well, but I just feel like well I'm thinking I tend to get distracted and so it takes forever to do my stuff. But, of course everyone has their strengths and weaknesses.
Like how you say it takes really long to create a storyboard, but that's no problem for me since it gives me something to do when I have free time at school.

-Cave Johnson

Ninja
Storyboard aside, what exactly do you consider "slow animating" @BeepBot

10 Seconds of animation is a long time. There's a good chance you're just as fast as everyone else.

Villager
@Septagon Well, its also the fact that I procrastinate a lot, like I always want to grab inspiration from cool animators, then I usually sit there for hours looking at them, how do you guys avoid this, and also when I see my friends streaming they can get some pretty decent stuff out in just a day.

-Cave Johnson

Monk
10 seconds take me 2-3 hours and thats without any heads and effects and backgrounds. your fine i think.

"U can wtf off my profile." - PenC1lmaster

"Like I know those are 69 cent noodles but they are my 69 cent noodles." - Mai

Villager
@Comet oh ok, well that is good to know then, cause I wanted to start doing fullbody

-Cave Johnson

Page 1 of 1
Search for:

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a browser that doesn't support the technology this website uses.

Don't fret. There are solutions.

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a version of Internet Explorer that this site doesn't support.

Don't fret. There are solutions.