Favorites
Show All / Manage

You have no favorites.

Page 1 of 1
Grasshopper
I noticed cs3 has a frame cap at about 16,000 frames. I apparently exceeded the limit and had to cut back on an animation I was working on. Considering how old cs3 is, do you guys know of any newer programs with bigger frame caps for future reference? Or even just better programs for animating and sprite animating at all.

Suspended User
adobe animate is your top pick for frame cap length but you can also just have different files of the same project

im the best ssf2 zelda

Monk
Have you tried adding more scenes? Might work though scenes should normally be avoided. Window>Other Panels>Scenes

You could also pause the anim on frame 15999 or whatever (click on a keyframe, press F9, type stop(); ) and do the rest in a movieclip (has to be movieclip since graphics don't animate when the main timeline is paused).

If you want to make Swivel stop recording at the end of the anim, on the last frame of your anim inside your movieclip you can put code to make it go to frame 16000 of the main timeline. The line of code would be this.parent.gotoAndStop(this.parent.timeline.position + 1); or _root.gotoAndStop(16000);, depending if you're using AS3 or AS2

Global Mod
I believe the frame cap for all Adobe Flash versions even including Animate CC is 16000 frames. The best way to go about this is to in general just not make large projects like this in one .fla document! D:
You definitely need to cut it up into smaller chunks, not only does it preserve memory but also if your file does get corrupt for unknown reasons you don't lose as much work!
What I recommend doing is making each part about 1000-2000 frames long each depending on how strong your PC is. Hearing that you can reach the 16K limit I suspect you have a pretty beefy PC so you can probably take the 2000 frame cap.
Even then though when you start polishing up the animation, let's say you are doing fullbody and you are doing linework and coloring, then you will have to cut up that 1000-2000 probably to even smaller chunks like I do to 500-1000 frames.

Don't worry if your computer is littered with hundreds of .fla documents of the same project, it happens haha. That's sadly just the limitations of Flash / Animate and the only way to go about it that I found >_<

I personally never use Scenes and as far as I know none of my old experienced Flash animator friends do either, because mainly the splitting up your project a lot technique just works better and makes the Scenes function obsolete for animators. The only time I'd recommend doing this is if you are making a Flash game really.

Hope this helps you out!~

Monk
Oh yeah, and I believe Swivel lets you stitch .swf's together seamlessly.
If you need to split a song up then in Audacity at the bottom selection textboxes you can change the timescale to common framerates like 24 and 30 (NTSC), and use those to select the exact frame. If you're using an unholy custom framerate then just do the math

Page 1 of 1
Search for:

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a browser that doesn't support the technology this website uses.

Don't fret. There are solutions.

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a version of Internet Explorer that this site doesn't support.

Don't fret. There are solutions.