Favorites
Show All / Manage

You have no favorites.

Page 1 of 1
Villager
I'm still a mediocre animator, having not produced much content to show. I was wondering, during one of Alan Beckar's Flash Tutorials, if it was okay to always need to go back and replay the videos or look for reference when animating. I mean, I feel a little embarrassed when I have difficulty doing walk and run cycles, or any difficulty doing simple animations like ball bounces.

Ninja
YES, ALWAYS USE YOU'RE RESOURCES. Whether it be tutorials or references, USE IT. Use them until you perfect whatever skill you want to learn from them. Use them until you're ready to animate/draw without them. There's no embarrassment in trying to learn something you're not good at. What's more embarrassing is claiming you know how to do something, completely failing at it, and then refusing to watch a tutorial on the subject.

Duelist | Written Duelist | Youtube Channel
Currently Dueling: Piggui, G-Puncher

Villager
Wow, you make an absolutely fair point. Thank you for that, and i'll continue to use my resources. -Bows to Chicken Sensei-

Soldier
Can i also just add in that literally everyone has had difficulty doing walk/run cycles.
Also even pros use tutorials still! :D

Villager
It's nothing to be embarrassed about. I'm a Programmer and I have to go back for tutorials about Basic stuff. A lot of people do it and this is the only way others learn.

I'm the one and only.

Monk
I'd be more concerned if you didn't go back and look at references haha. It's nothing to be ashamed of, just make sure to give credit if you are rotoscoping something.

Page 1 of 1
Search for:

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a browser that doesn't support the technology this website uses.

Don't fret. There are solutions.

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a version of Internet Explorer that this site doesn't support.

Don't fret. There are solutions.