Favorites
Show All / Manage

You have no favorites.

Page 1 of 1
Grasshopper
So I'm new here in the digital art industry and I was wondering do I really need a tablet to start out with? I want to learn the basics of animation and do some Stickman things.. so is it possible to do this with a mouse?

A real animation noob!! Looking to make like minded friends.. I live in a lonely work where everyone I know hates art... =(

Ninja
I used a mouse for roughly 3.5 years, It's definitely possible if that's all you're asking. But I would recommend only doing it to see if you like doing animation, and if you do, buy a tablet. You improve a lot more on there and it's easier to draw organic things.

Grasshopper
Septagon wrote:
I used a mouse for roughly 3.5 years, It's definitely possible if that's all you're asking. But I would recommend only doing it to see if you like doing animation, and if you do, buy a tablet. You improve a lot more on there and it's easier to draw organic things.

Thank you for the reply =D Will be doing some animations then to see how things go, thank you.

A real animation noob!! Looking to make like minded friends.. I live in a lonely work where everyone I know hates art... =(

Villager
It's not required or necessary; many animators use don't have tablets. While they do generally become easier to work with later down the road, there is nothing really wrong with mouses and animating. Works fine. It really depends on what you want to do down the future.

yoink

Grasshopper
TheTotalMc wrote:
It's not required or necessary; many animators use don't have tablets. While they do generally become easier to work with later down the road, there is nothing really wrong with mouses and animating. Works fine. It really depends on what you want to do down the future.

Thank you. I was really worried about the fact that I don't have a tablet at the moment. I really want to get into animation so I didn't want equipment to get in the way.

Grasshopper
You can actually use a mouse to animate for quite a while, but you shouldn't think about using it forever. You should learn the basic stuff like: https://www.animatorisland.com/51-great ... cba1185463 on mouse if you don't have a tablet, but if you can't afford an expensive tablet, check out the Huion H420. It only costs £20 and it's a good budget tablet.

Edit: Full body animations definitely require a tablet, but you can do just well with stick anims on a mouse but tablet should make everything easier.

Villager
You can definitely animate without a tablet, friend :). It just depends on what you want to do. As stated above, things that require precision like full-body is naturally easier with a tablet, but don't let that stop you from doing what you want to.

Villager
Same as everyone else when I was new to animation I used a mouse and still did for 2 years a tablet made the work a little easier and I do stick figures you dont need a tablet for programs like pivot or stick nodes or for flash, bone tool and you can use the line tool for stick figures in flash. Overall its not required (for the bone tool a tablet its just for precision)

Page 1 of 1
Search for:

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a browser that doesn't support the technology this website uses.

Don't fret. There are solutions.

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a version of Internet Explorer that this site doesn't support.

Don't fret. There are solutions.