Favorites
Show All / Manage

You have no favorites.

Page 1 of 1
Farmer
new to flash, and id like to know how to make every new frame a double instead of single. if that isnt possible then id like to know an alternative way to it.

Monk
Press F5 to make new frame and F6 to make a new keyframe.
Normally you use the , and . keys to go to previous or next frame, but to make doubleframing easier you can use an extension to move to the next or previous keyframe in a layer (keyframes are the frames with a dot, they can contain unique drawings). See the 2nd comment in this post (the one by me) for info and download: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5450

Farmer
HeartOfTheStorm wrote:
Press F5 to make new frame and F6 to make a new keyframe.
Normally you use the , and . keys to go to previous or next frame, but to make doubleframing easier you can use an extension to move to the next or previous keyframe in a layer. See the 2nd comment in this post (the one by me) for info and download: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5450

thanks, but about the extension i cant seem to get it working. https://prnt.sc/j8qwg1 im probably misunderstandng and doing something wrong, but none of those allow me to anything to them.

Monk
Yeah just duplicate your set of shortcuts, it's one of the little buttons at the top of that screenshot you posted. You only have to duplicate it the first time you modify your shortcuts

Farmer
HeartOfTheStorm wrote:
Yeah just duplicate your set of shortcuts, it's one of the little buttons at the top of that screenshot you posted. You only have to duplicate it the first time you modify your shortcuts

yeah im still doing something wrong. http://prntscr.com/j8scwb i tried adding the , and . keys to all of those and it doesnt work.

Monk
You shouldn't use , and . because those are already used for going to previous or next frame. I'd suggest using ; and ' for the commands you're adding (which jump to next or previous keyframe, keyframes are the frames with a dot).

Looks like you're adding too many shortcuts to one command, and that's not the right commands. I'd say delete your keyboard shortcut set (trashcan button, top right) since you might've messed up the shortcuts, and duplicate the Macromedia Standard one again to start fresh). Also seems like you missed a step in my instructions (the extension instructions I previously linked) because these two commands should be visible in that menu you posted:
Review all my instructions.

Here's a vid showing how to set up shortcuts (for a different tool but it's the same idea)(skip to 1:30):

If you still can't get it then the extension isn't super important, it just lets you jump between keyframes faster.

Farmer
HeartOfTheStorm wrote:
You shouldn't use , and . because those are already used for going to previous or next frame. I'd suggest using ; and ' for the commands you're adding (which jump to next or previous keyframe, keyframes are the frames with a dot).

Looks like you're adding too many shortcuts to one command, and that's not the right commands. I'd say delete your keyboard shortcut set (trashcan button, top right) since you might've messed up the shortcuts, and duplicate the Macromedia Standard one again to start fresh). Also seems like you missed a step in my instructions (the extension instructions I previously linked) because these two commands should be visible in that menu you posted:
Review all my instructions.

Here's a vid showing how to set up shortcuts (for a different tool but it's the same idea)(skip to 1:30):

If you still can't get it then the extension isn't super important, it just lets you jump between keyframes faster.

alright thanks

Page 1 of 1
Search for:

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a browser that doesn't support the technology this website uses.

Don't fret. There are solutions.

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a version of Internet Explorer that this site doesn't support.

Don't fret. There are solutions.