Favorites
Show All / Manage

You have no favorites.

Page 1 of 1
Farmer
So, I have this artblock that went on for MONTHS now... I can't even recall the last time I went all-out in drawing except for my previous attempt to jump start it, which did little to no good... #_# )

I know that constantly drawing, over and over, would slowly build up my skill and would eventually melt away the artblock.
But my problem is that, I don't have any solid motivator for my art. I have no fuel.... and I'm getting hungry for fresh fuel *^* )//
I do anime-styled art, but surprisingly, watching anime gives me only mediocre motivation.

Feels like a storm, and I'm stuck inside the house...

The only thing I know, as of now, that would greatly boost my spirits high would be a good (first)drawing tablet, which is apparently coming soon.
So, while waiting for this "storm" to pass, what other practice-methods, evasive maneuvers, and motivation-boosters should I do to keep my drawing skills from fading away?

Also, how do you start liking your own art while avoiding the pitfalls of self-contentment? XD

That's all :P Many thanks in advance!

When it's stupid, but it works....
..It works.

Monk
That's my lyfe (and therefore my name ^)

Streaming is one of the only things that keeps me motivated and on-task, even when nobody's watching. I keep my streams kinda boring to reduce the time that other people get distracted by it (so if they're interested they'll hopefully only check on it every hour or so), and that also makes it so I'm not distracted by all the pointless features of streaming.

Also joining collabs/drawpiles is another motivator, even if you don't finish on time you still end with something you wouldn't have started otherwise.

Farmer
I kept on seeing drawpiles in the Discord server and pretty much took an interest in em'....

Would love to try it but I've mostly seen peeps do it with digital art. I'm still stuck with the traditional pen and pencil and IDK if it supports stuff like that. I'll put that in my bucket list though.

Thanks for the advice! :D

When it's stupid, but it works....
..It works.

Soldier
Hey, I know this isn't really related to your issue but I am practicing drawing anime. Mind if you could give cnc or exchange tips? Anyways we've all been there. I'd say I'm in the middle of an animation block, where I just feel like I can't improve (I'm not really that good anyways). The last time I animated was probably 2-3 months ago. This isn't my post and I don't know if you have already read this but I think this would be a good read.
viewtopic.php?f=12&p=166263#p166263

Page 1 of 1
Search for:

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a browser that doesn't support the technology this website uses.

Don't fret. There are solutions.

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a version of Internet Explorer that this site doesn't support.

Don't fret. There are solutions.