Favorites
Show All / Manage

You have no favorites.

Page 1 of 25   |   Go to page   |   1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next
Monk
Dojo Egg Hunt 2015

Closing Thoughts

The egg hunt is officially over and once again @Ceroblitz tops the leaderboard! No single person found every egg this year which is a LITTLE surprising but at least each egg was found once. The hiding spots this year varied in difficulty, but the majority were created (or became) pretty easy to find if you landed on the right pages. There was quite a bit of chaos throughout the week which is both hilarious and worth it in my opinion, with people trying some creative approaches to finding eggs including some stalking from profile to profile spamming posts just to see if it would result in something. I guess I should have mentioned that eggs are once again obtainable without having to annoy anyone, and are found as long as you're logged in lol

This year I tried to stick closer to Dojo-related themes for the eggs, with most being made as a form of tribute to members and animations old and new. There are quite a few subtle and not subtle references and jokes in the descriptions of each egg, can you figure them all out? I have also already started working on a 2015 breakdown video for those of you curious about the locations of each egg you didn't find. It may take me a bit of time so please be patient or ask me straight up and I'll tell you all my secrets. Some of the answers may surprise you!

Finally, I want to talk about the elephant in the room: the cheater egg. The cheater egg is an uncloaked invisible egg, and is only there if you cheated to get it. This does not mean you cheated to get every egg, some people got it because they saw it existed and couldn't find a way to get it otherwise. The egg was only obtainable if you did what I suspected quite a few people were doing: viewing the source to find eggs and editing them to obtain them rather than searching for them and figuring it out on their own. Let me be clear: I don't really care that much about this and neither should any one else. I'm not really trying to shame anyone with it. How you get the eggs doesn't really matter to me, what matters to me is fairness and I think that the overabundance of cheaters this year meant that people who wanted to play legitimately were getting discouraged. Let me explain a little further if your palms are moist with feelings about it.

The egg came about only because I wanted to see exactly how many people were doing it, and this was the easiest method I could think of. Due to just how many people I saw with it I began crafting eggs that couldn't just be obtained by a quick viewing of the source, this is how the Humpty Dumpty puzzle (which was pretty easy once you figured it out) came to be, and the amount of people who dismissed it as a red herring because they couldn't cheat by editing the HTML to remove the cage was surprising, but ultimately their own dismissal caused them to miss out on time they could have used to solve it, especially since it was only solved shortly before the event ended and after I moved the solution to an easier place.

The idea was that there was already a gap between people playing legitimately and people powering through the eggs by cheating, so making it harder in general would slow down the cheaters while giving the legit players a chance to catch up. When the harder eggs that were more difficult to cheat on weren't found after a few days I decided that ultimately if both parties can't find them then no one is having fun and that defeats the purpose, so I made a large portion of them easier and let people do what they wanted to find them. I left a few that I thought could be solved by a bit of critical thinking using the clues Humpty Dumpty would leave, and people definitely caught on to that which was pretty fun to see. I think it worked out in the end since my goal was to have them all found at least once and that's what happened luckily.

I didn't think I'd need to be writing this, considering if you have the cheater egg you know exactly what you did and it seems unfair to be angry at me about it because you were caught doing something you probably shouldn't have, or at least knew was shady to some degree. I realize there were no "official rulez" posted for this year, but I did not think I would have to write RULES: NO CHEATING on this announcement post for that to be obvious. It also seems obvious that browsing and editing the HTML of this site is not part of the hunt, as it's pretty clearly laid out for you to find the eggs by browsing the site normally. It's an egg hunt, not an HTML lesson. There is literally no justification for it, and the effects that are currently being displayed are just to poke fun at the people who got caught cheating and congratulate those that didn't cave in. It is not a reflection of you as a person, and I'm not mad at anyone nor do I think you're stupid for it and neither should anyone else. It's a dumb egg. If you have this currently, please don't be angry or worry about it ruining your reputation or something silly like that. This is a stupid irrelevant game that happens once a year and is supposed to just be for fun. I doubt anyone will remember or care in year's time as the effects of it will wear off in a week or less if it really bothers you.

I hope in the very least everyone had some degree of fun unless you hate fun in which case I hope you had a miserable time watching everyone else have fun if that's what does it for ya. If I do this again next year I'm definitely going to think of ways to change it up significantly without having to increase/decrease the difficulty and without worrying about cheaters. Even if that means doing it off-site some how. We will see!

Original Post

I almost didn't do this again since my situation has changed, but a week of fun is a week of fun regardless of where I am! There will be no prize this year since last year the prize fell through due to circumstance. This is just for fun, if you don't want to participate you don't have to :)

I will not be announcing when I add new eggs, and I will not be giving hints. It's up to you guys to browse around. I will be releasing another 20 eggs this year over the course of the next week. Some will be tricky, but I'll try to be fair. You can find all the eggs you have found in your profile under the "eggs" tab. The tab only shows up when you have found at least 1 egg from this year.

Like last year there WILL be some false eggs which don't get counted towards your egg score.

Some Links

2015 Leaderboards
2014 Leaderboards
2014 Location Breakdown Video

Good luck.

Villager
I will devote this entire week to finding eggs

I like my coffee how I like my slaves

Free

Farmer
Yes I have 2 eggs xp
Jeff this year eggs are more hard to find or it's me?

I want rabbit everywhere.
^uu^ <=3 carrots are good

Banned User
I can't even find the 2nd one, I can tell I'm going to win.

Soldier
I believe you can't get over 2 for today. Check again tomorrow ?

Image Image *proud*

Soldier
Oh man, these eggs are amazingly hidden. Good job on that second egg.

LucAwesome

Monk
lmao cant wait for tomorrow.

C R Y L E X

Monk
there are no patterns to when i release them :^) I will say that not all released eggs have been found

Villager
the second egg... where is it?.... wait nvm i found it.....

Add meh as a friend pls........... ILL EXCEPT THEM ALLLLL!!!!!!!!!
ImageImage

Soldier
i wonder if commenting on the egg thread will GIVE ME AN EGG CMON

edit: it didnt

Page 1 of 25   |   Go to page   |   1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next
Search for:

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a browser that doesn't support the technology this website uses.

Don't fret. There are solutions.

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a version of Internet Explorer that this site doesn't support.

Don't fret. There are solutions.