Favorites
Show All / Manage

You have no favorites.

Page 1 of 2   |   Go to page   |   1, 2  Next
Farmer
Percy Drakks
(AKA “Headache”, “Back-stab”, “Dillian”)
(Image made by Minxar)

Weapon / Power:
Crowbar- opens things too hard to lock-pick and make your ears ring.
Marbles- can be used to trip people (Home Alone style) or irritate an opponent.
Grappling hook- it’s a FREAKING GRAPPLING HOOK! (my dream as a kid, lol)
Speed Potion- makes Percy insanely fast, but more hectic as well. Lasts 30 seconds.
Healing Potion- heals light wounds.

Skelly- servo-skull familiar (somehow got that to pass by my friends in D&D). Can fire lasers to (temporarily) blind foes, extinguish small fires, and give advise to Percy.
...Ironically (maybe?), Skelly tends to be the one keeping Percy's head on his shoulders.

State of Focus/Mind of Crow- in very dire circumstances, Percy's reaction time can be slowed down to the point where he can analyze the entire environment to a higher extent and both dodge attacks easier and target the weak points of the target. However, this state is difficult (for Percy at least) to control, as he is easily distracted by shiny objects, and as the ability further allows him to observe his surroundings, the struggle to resist the distraction is further increased. Also, although hypno- and stealth- based moves would be less effective, sonic-, pain-, and flash- based moves would be increased in their efficiency.

Strengths:
Fast, unpredictable, agile, energetic, stealthy, good bluffer, and persuasive. Favored terrain: cities/towns/mountains

Weaknesses:
Easily distracted, can’t give/take a hit well, cocky when looks like he’s winning, not trustworthy. Unfamiliar terrain: forests/deserts/wastelands

Personality:
Kleptomaniac, childish at some times cold realistic at others, slow to trust and be trusted, annoying (purposefully), and has a grudge against authority.

Character Bio:
Percy Drakks was actually born a “Pier’Sey Thralli” in a silvan clan. However, at a young age his clan was mysteriously burned down, leaving Percy by himself. Luckily a squadron of soldiers from a (predominantly-human) kingdom found him from the journey back from another settlement, and took him to their kingdom; Pi. However, they were raided before they could take him there, so in a last ditch to save his life they put him in a river that led to the Sonniah District, a place of beauty and hope; part of only three other districts where the one river passed through Pi, and as such was famed for their focus on an early stage of hydroelectrics. However, the soldiers were gone from Pi for too long and didn’t know that a great flood took the other two districts, and Pi made Sonniah focus on instead sewage and plumbing to save everyone from drowning. They changed the official name to “Sewestri District”, and now was a place of poverty and despair; being the ones in charge of all the waste of the entire kingdom and also cleaning the water from the river and having to supply that everywhere else made Sewestri a living hell to all of the inhabitants.
Percy had to live on the streets- and even occasionally the sewers- to find shelter; no one anymore tried to help their neighbors. To eat he had to beg and steal- once frowned upon by his people. But they weren’t there anymore. He made friends, but they all came and went, taken by either the sickness or worse; the orphanage.
Eventually Percy was too caught by the system and was in the hands of the nuns. These fanatics were devoted to their God to the extreme, and at any moment anyone whom deviated from the rules were punished- sometimes no one remembered what they even did in the first place.
Luckily Percy escaped, and found by an orcish couple. They took pity on the silvan, and to protect him from the nuns adopted him. Percy slowly came to trust them, but eventually knew them as his family. Everything he stole would go to them; repayment for saving him from that life of chains.
Percy soon met a floating skull with mechanical bits coming out in some places (Warhammer fans you know what this is).
Percy’s life of crime eventually came to the attention of a dedicated cop. The two became something of enemies, but eventually came to respect one another, and after they worked together for a mutual interest they became partners in a P.I. firm (I swear pun not intentional).

(WAY shortened summary from playing him in D&D w/ friends) Percy was one day hired to help this high-dark elven gunslinger and human mercenary duo to slay a dragon, and after also absorbing a draconian sage to the mix made the four into a party, and together vanquished the dragon. Percy still holds to the belief that he isn’t an “Adventurer” (not really looked up to by orcs). They also somehow got another draconian into the party- a fellow rogue as well- but Percy doesn’t know much about him as affairs in Pi pulled him away from the mission they met him, but was able to switch places with said-cop (my way of switching to a more tank-y character for my group as our only tank is the DM now, as well as further-develop the character for my stories).

(Ciel story and how he became a Duelist) Percy arrives at Highgate Landing, trying to find out about some lead on something that could fix said gun. Apparently some buyer's interested (a great sum of silver interested), but only for a working model. After finding council with the right people or loosing the lips of the wrong kind, he found out that there is some land in the skies that has the most advanced scientists and machines. Might have something that could get it working- better even. The only people who come out of there, however, are "Duelists" enlisting in fights with other "Duelists".
Win a fight against one, might get more intel as to how to break in.
At the meantime, Percy is hiding out at the ruins of the old Aether, with fellow people trying to stick it to "The Man".

Animated Demo:

Duelist Statistics:

Full Length Duels: 0 win / 0 loss
Short Length Duels: 0 win / 0 loss
Speed Battles: 0 win / 0 loss
Comic Duels: 0 win / 0 loss

Duel History:
None

Soldier
I was expecting a green train with a fat face as a duelist. Also I think you need to fix that image. Upload the image to Imgur. Then paste the BBcode where you're supposed to place it.

Ninja
Application Denied.

Reason(s):

The demo does not meet the requirements of 30 seconds. While the demo is well over 30 seconds long, it was mainly stills of the character talking. The only fight scene that actually displays anything is 10 seconds long, however it does display some weapons in use so it chalks up to 17 seconds of demonstration, when you need 30 seconds of it. Please fix this and make it easier to understand.

Your header picture needs to be fixed. Please follow the guide here.
Make sure it's 500x200 px.

This is Dojo Duels, in your character bio, it should explain how they got involved in Cier and why they are participating in the duels. Information on Cier is found here and here.

▲✧✧✧▼▲▼✧✧✧▲
▼✧✧✧▲▼▲✧✧✧▼

Farmer
Thanks guys, I'll fix that.

BTW, what did you mean by a green train w/ a fat face?

Ninja
@Spider40K
Thomas the Tank Engine.

Also it's probably wise to do your banner on a computer, it's much easier to resize.

Soldier
Percy was a green train in Thomas and his friends. You need to fix that image man. Upload the image to Imgur, then look at the side and look for the BBcode and copy the url and paste it where it must be pasted. Also, as Rei said the Bio should probably say how or why he joined the dojo duels, his motivations, reasons etc. He has too many weapons and stuff in my opinion. Remember that this isn't those games you play in elementary where you draw someone and give them tons of shit. He needs to be balanced and has a main power.

Soldier
Yeah, you really need a base weapon/power. Like, you don't need to take this example but lets say he only has Skelly and state of focus. He's balanced, easy to manage, short and sweet. Could make your duelist sort of like an intelligence character, not a lot of physical strength but can win fights through nothing but abilities and battle tactics. Maybe add a few more powers specifically to the skull, like fire breath, poisonous saliva, maybe Percy can block/bash with it, idk. Things like " Crow blade" (IMO) should go. When will he ever need a spare when he's carrying litterally 6 other real weapons? You get the picture.

Also not sure that terrain thing is a good idea, but if you make it work, might look good setting wise. What i mean is, whoever you duel against might just choose the battle to be on a terrain your duelist knows nothing about. If Percy is gonna be stealthy (and also have the ability to examine everything happening around him), wouldn't you think he could adapt quickly? Maybe you could just replace the word "unfamiliar" since he has two skills that would allow him to familiarize/adapt himself to things around him. And honestly, I did like that bio story, even if you might need to change it ^^ Would love to see him when he's finished.
Sorry, didn't realize the servo skull was your profile.

Farmer
@Fogo and @tigerdude75 oh, he he, never watched that when I was little (thought "Drakks" sounded like "tracks"!) Thanks for the advise.
@Minxar O.O
Nice art! You even got that little scraggly ear!
and like you and tigerdude said, I should do stuff to the backstory why he joined and give him less toys. How about just the crow bar, marbles, grappling hook, potions (one each), Skelly, and lightning gun?
The last one doesn't work, but I want that to be the reason he's joining the duels.

So Percy arrives at Highgate Landing, trying to find out about some lead on something that could fix said gun. Apparently some buyer's interested (a great sum of silver interested), but only for a working model. After finding council with the right people or loosing the lips of the wrong kind, he found out that there is some land in the skies that has the most advanced scientists and machines. The only people who come out of there, however, are duelists enlisting in fights with other duelists.
Win a fight against one, might get more intel as to how to break in.
At the meantime, Percy is hiding out at the ruins of the old Aether, with fellow people trying to stick it to "The Man".
That pic is just too cool! By any chance, would you allow me to use it for my application?

Soldier
Add that to the description by editing your post. You can edit the post with that pencil thing at the upper right of your application. :)

Soldier
@Spider40K
Ooh, marbles, that actually sounds pretty cool. I don't think any previous duelists use something like that, well except for the ice duelists...
When making his weapons, all you need to think about is whether or not you (and your duelling partner) can animate it. Since your an animator, you need to think ahead of what you'll be able to animate in the time span given. But I think it's fine, I don't blieve you have to use EVERY weapon your duelist has per duel. It's just, from what I've seen only Comic duelists have had a boat load of weaponry.

As for the image I made, I would be glad to let you have it but I don't think the mods would let that slide too well. We're not even allowed to use duelist preview images as the duel preview. But if they say yes, (you manage to get them to say yes) you can take it. I mean, I could make you a better one too, that image took about 10-15 mins~

Page 1 of 2   |   Go to page   |   1, 2  Next
Search for:

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a browser that doesn't support the technology this website uses.

Don't fret. There are solutions.

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a version of Internet Explorer that this site doesn't support.

Don't fret. There are solutions.