Favorites
Show All / Manage

You have no favorites.

Page 1 of 5   |   Go to page   |   1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Soldier
Ryn

Weapon / Power:
The Spear that Always Returns: A strange spear that Ryn pulled out of a tree near Jaxxon's shop. According to Jaxxon, it was left there by a strange man who left right after thrusting it in there. Since then, no one has been able to pull it out other than Ryn himself, who finds the spear comfortingly familiar. The spear itself is able to appear in Ryn's hands whenever he calls out to it, and disappear whenever he wishes. He cannot make it appear in someone else's body in the process of summoning it, and if he attempts to do so the spear will simply not appear. When the spear is held in his right hand, Ryn can charge the spear with explosions, making it a temporary bomb if he throws it at an object. After being "charged" the spear can emit explosions at Ryn's will, and serves as an extension of his right arm. The explosions the spear emits will harm his body depending on the strength of the explosion, just as his right hand does. When charged, the spear glows white.

Explosion : Allows Ryn to create explosions only on his right palm, allowing for quick maneuvering and powerful strikes. The size of the explosions that are created from Ryn's palm grows more dangerous to himself as they grow larger, and will damage him if he goes over his limit. In order to prevent injuries, Ryn does not use his ability for about a minute after he creates a large explosion. Smaller explosions are not much of a problem, however, and Ryn is able to use these short bursts in quick succession, without much delay between using them.

Implosion : Allows Ryn to crush all solids that he touches with his left palm, and must be activated by himself to be used. Ryn can only use this ability every 5 seconds after letting go of the object he touches. Upon leaving contact with an item while using this ability, the object that Ryn crushed reverts back to it's original form in 3 seconds. The time it takes to implode an item varies depending on the size of the item, and larger objects tend to crush much slower than smaller ones. A boulder, for example, would take about 10 seconds to fully implode into a small size. Ryn can ONLY implode things that are not fellow sticks, and it is completely useless if he tries to compress another duelist. He rarely uses this power, however, and only utilizes it in situations that would require him to use it.

Strengths:
  • Ryn is smart and has astonishing battle sense, using all the resources that are given to him in order to win a fight.

His abilities allows him great speed and power, and he can swiftly evade attacks with ease.

He exceeds in hand to hand combat, and is a dangerous fighter in close and far range battles.

Ryn has magnificent skill whilst using his powers, and is incredibly creative about how he uses them.

He can tweak his own fighting style to counter his opponent's as best as it can, as long as he fights them for a little bit.

Weaknesses:
  • At the cost of his speed and power, his right arm is at risk of being broken by his explosions every time he creates a large one, making him consciously careful about how he uses his powers.

He has the durability of a normal human, which forces him to be cautious upon facing someone with a weapon.

Everything he crushes only remain in their crushed form for about 3 seconds after leaving contact with his palm.

Does not like to kill in any situation, and always tries to leave his opponents alive after fighting them.

Does not wield a weapon, nor knows how to, and relies solely on his powers and hand to hand combat skills.

Must use implosion in 5 second intervals.

Can only utilize his implosion ability on non-stick objects.

Ryn cannot seem to remember how to use a spear very well, and could be considered a beginner on the battlefield with his weapon. He can throw it, and perform very simple thrusts, but otherwise that's it.

Personality:
Ryn is a normally optimistic guy, whom has little to no problems dealing with hotheaded people when he has to. He acts upon his burning desire to discover his past, and is honorable in battle. When Ryn defeats an opponent, he always shows them mercy, and tries his very best to not kill them in the heat of battle. If the setting is right, he can get pissed off incredibly easily, though he tries to keep himself cool in most situations. Ryn is determined to win all his battles, and isn't afraid to show his opponents his full power, since he thinks that it wouldn't be fair to give them only a fraction of his strength.

Character Bio:

The morning after his 19th birthday, a young man found himself in a bed, the cushions under him feeling softer than the hard ground that he somehow remembered that he was on. The sound of creaking wood eased from the edge of the room the young man was in, but he didn't bother to look at the approaching stranger, for he knew that it must be a close friend of his. To his disappointment, an old man, bent with many years of work and service, instead stared down at him, the man's eyes diligently scanning his face, as if he were searching for something. The man quickly uttered a word, which the young man could immediately understand was,
"Name?" The young man sat up on his bed, his chest feeling uncomfortably irritated, and began to answer the old man, before realizing he didn't know his name. The young stick's face bent into a frown as he struggled to search for his name, or anything about his past in the chamber of his memories, failing time and time again. In fact, now that the man thought about it, the only thing he couldn't remember were his memories. Everything else stuck to him with strange neediness, as if they were the only things that he couldn't lose with passing time. The old man, by then understanding that the young man before him didn't know his name, began to speak once more, his voice wheezing out of his crusted lips,
"Your name, is, Ryn." Ryn, now visibly stunned that the old man answered so confidently, asked who the man was as well, hoping he would tell him more about himself. To no avail, he did not get an answer.
After being welcomed to the man's hospitality for a month, Ryn set off from the place he considered home, beginning his journey in the world of Cier, and searching for answers to the questions of his past.

Animated Demo:
NO LONGER WIP!!!!
Dojo website version : http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/13471/

Duelist Statistics:

Full Length Duels: 0 win / 0 loss
Short Length Duels: 1 win / 0 loss
Speed Battles: 1 win / 0 loss
Comic Duels: 0 win / 0 loss

Duel History:
Ryn(HunterZ) vs Jaxxon(ChickenWL)
Highgate Haul
Ryn (HunterZ) VS X-Guy (Vest)

Cierite:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

║ 0 ║║ 1 ║║ 0 ║║ 2 ║║ 1 ║║  0 ║

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

║ 0 ║║ 0 ║║ 0 ║║ 0 ║║ 0 ║║  0 ║

ImageImage

║ 0 ║║ 0 ║

Last edited by Sareth on June 14th, 2018, 8:24 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Reason: Update statistics
Soldier
You made an original duelist but there is a problem, the implosion thing could be op if touch his opponent. You should fix a limit.

Soldier
Alright, so I changed the implosion ability a bit, and instead made it so that Ryn can only use this ability after 5 seconds of using it on an object. In addition to that, I made it so that he can only be holding on to a solid while using this ability for around 4 seconds. The thing where it reverts back to it's original form still applies. I'll be adding the new stuff to the weaknesses part of my app as well. Should I change anything else?

Soldier
No its good I didn t notice other things, so good luck with him !

Soldier
Thanks! I'll do my best on the demo!

Soldier
I hope cuz you have a good character !

Soldier
Once again, thanks! And, this goes out to everyone who has seen my app, I would love to hear what else I should tweak and fix, if there is anything, that is.

Soldier
Btw, I'd also like some feedback from a mod xD just to see what should be changed or tweaked when they review it after I create my demo.

Duel Mod
@HunterZ Looking over it, it seems pretty good. My one concern is with the "Implosion" ability. What's to keep him from touching a duelist and compressing them? Can you change that up a bit? Thanks. Best of luck!

Check out my duelist here: [C]ETA
Current Status: Potentially Dueling

Written Duelist: Azriel, Psychopomp
Information on Written Duels here

Soldier
Well, for that power, a human body the size of Ryn himself would be considered semi-large, therefore taking more time to fully become compressed. Since Natsura already told me that there must be limits for that power, I made it so that he can only be in contact with an object with his left hand while using his power for 4 seconds, which isn't much time for his ability to crush a person, but a hella ton of time for his opponents to bitch slap him xD. Overall, if he were to use this power against another person, he would be risking himself in the process, since as I said before, he is not the most durable guy out there, and a well trained opponent could easily deal damage to him up close from the range he grabs them from. Another situation in which he would be put at a disadvantage upon using this ability on another duelist, would be when they manage to get out of his grip, but still be in the range that they can deal up close damage. In these situations, Ryn would have to use his explosions to defend himself, since he cannot use his implosion ability until 5 seconds have passed since he last activated it. @Naitoshadou do you think I should leave it as it is? Or should I continue to change it up?

Page 1 of 5   |   Go to page   |   1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Search for:

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a browser that doesn't support the technology this website uses.

Don't fret. There are solutions.

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a version of Internet Explorer that this site doesn't support.

Don't fret. There are solutions.