Favorites
Show All / Manage

You have no favorites.

Page 1 of 3   |   Go to page   |   1, 2, 3  Next
Who wins?
Aztra (FlashMatrix) http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/13882/ 65%  65%  [ 22 ]
Acetinium (Acely) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WHVCLUjiuA 35%  35%  [ 12 ]
Poll ended at July 15th, 2018, 11:59 am. Total votes : 34.

Villager
DOJO DUEL
Aztra VS Acetinium
Half robot and an Element

Magdurus Mountains

TODAY IS THE DAY

Aztra is the Victor!

Aztra (FlashMatrix)
Votes: 65%
Base White RICE earned: 3
Bonus White RICE earned: 2
Cierite Reward:

Acetinium (Acely)
Votes: 35% + 20% (Staff Vote) = 55%
Base White RICE earned: 1
Bonus White RICE earned: 2
Cierite Reward:

Acely's awesome part: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WHVCLUjiuA
Aztra's noob part: http://www.hyunsdojo.com/dojo/13882/

Aztra's Profile: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=18276
Acetinium's Profile: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=14731

Last edited by Sareth on July 21st, 2018, 11:45 am, edited 8 times in total.
Reason: Finished Duel
Soldier
GOodddd luck!!!

"Just don't be too rough daddy" - HunterZ
"Danku derpy, big fan on the show with the magic horses" - TheKitsuneGamer

Villager

Ninja
seems to be a decent duel, gl
i'll be waiting for that one

Faction : Order of Origins
Duel 4: Core VS Negasth (Starting)
Duel 5: Pyro & Kuro VS Tafari & Negasth (Starting)

Soldier
oooo this looks fascinating >:)
Im gonna Duel the one who wins (jk)

Good luck to the both of you :]

==========|| NF ||==========
Duel 3: Yukisama Hikari vs NF
Duel 5: Lyus vs NF
Comic Duel: Poruga vs NF
Comic Duel: Thomas vs NF

Villager
@Kenamy thanks man...
@Ninjafish i think imma lose but thanks mate

Soldier
Oh wow. Good luck you too! I can't wait!

Also, if you want it to look tidier, use: [ spoil=][/spoil]
. . . . . . . . (Just remove the gap here ^)

@FlashMatrix

Farmer
lol Im already done and wheres my diamond?

Villager
Since there's no poll, I can't vote yet, but I'll provide some cnc:

Acely:
Aesthetic.

7/10

I loved the aesthetic of how you did your animation. It's reminiscent of ACbeam and X's cinematic styles and how both of them incorporate chill music with gritty and slow, triple-quadruple-framed animations to make it slow paced and go along with the music. You did well in terms of animation too, the movements are fluid, the fundamentals are there, and it looked really well done. The jokes were a nice touch, it made me smile a bit.

Though, a couple of things to note :

Animation wise, it's severely underused. Most of the video is just cutting to text, and I get what you're trying to do, it's just that you might wanna snip in more animation inbetween black boxes with text next time, and what really sucks about that is that you're self-aware of this. Another gripe I had was the lack of a background and any environment. You both agreed to a location, even if your animation takes place at night, and you're aiming for a dark-loomy aesthetic, a background would've added more flavor to your animation, and I, the viewer would know what was going on and would have a sense of location and ambiance that fits the criteria that you both explicitly agreed on. Last thing is the story-telling. I had to play it a couple of times over to realize what was going on, and this gripe ties in to the first two. I had no idea what the heck just happened on the first run so I had to rerun it a couple times over. I also don't like how you presented your character in such a Marie Sue way where the other guy(Aztra) clearly had zero chance of him winning.

Next up,

FlashMatrix:
Bright and Colorful

6/10

The colors you picked were very well chosen, and things that needed to pop out actually popped out (until one scene). The effects were gorgeous to look at(that impact frame at the final clash), and the music choice was nice. Movement wise, the characters were fluid, and well animated.

There are a couple(lot) of issues to take note of here:

First up is the issue regarding the background and environment. The mountains in the back were as visible as the characters, and the only thing preventing me from looking at them was that the characters moved, and the bright sun. I also found a couple mistakes within the graphics and symbols of the entire animation, and I don't know if you noticed that yourself, but some of the symbols, like the mountains, have clearly erased chops in between them and a simple rerun-and-polish would've done the trick. That takes me to the next issue: the lack of polish. Unfinished and unfixed symbols, the pupils of the character being bigger than the eye itself, and I'd understand it was a style choice, but the outline of the eye bled into the pupils and that bothered me. There were also scenes with unecessarily long pauses for the sake of syncing with music. Might wanna sneak in a little bit of animation there next time, because the pauses looked very off. Also, tone down the music a little. It was too loud and clouded some of the sound effects. My biggest gripe however was the hype leading to the end, because it had a really nice build-up. Good music escalation towards the drop, the slowing down of the pace to get the climax better, but then -poof-, it just ends. That was a really bad boner-tease if I ever saw one. Hell, a still-frame of your character looking down on the other guy would've done better. A music stop and your character walking away would've done better, ANYTHING would've done better than a simply black screen and "RIP Ace". Also I noticed a few movements that you tried but failed to execute (e.g the attempted hop at the beginning), but since it was animated smoothly I'll let that slide.

Overall, you two did great, but my vote goes to
Acely. His animation didn't only attract me aesthetically, it also made me laugh. On top of being well-done, and overall a better animation.

No.

Farmer
Thanks alot @Berry

@Sareth @Amy or any mod (can someone ping em) make a pole

Page 1 of 3   |   Go to page   |   1, 2, 3  Next
Search for:

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a browser that doesn't support the technology this website uses.

Don't fret. There are solutions.

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a version of Internet Explorer that this site doesn't support.

Don't fret. There are solutions.