Favorites
Show All / Manage

You have no favorites.

Page 677 of 678   |   Go to page   |   Previous  1 ... 674, 675, 676, 677, 678  Next
Ninja
How long were you dead exactly..?

My favorite mythical creature is the honest politician.

Monk
EbonyAndIvory wrote:
How long were you dead exactly..?

Assuming you meant me, about 2 years-ish now? maybe a year and a half? something around that. why? :o

*・°☆.。Image Image Image Image *・°☆.。
Friend Request Me! Always looking for new friends n' all that.
Be Happy.

Ninja
Curiosity. Plus I met you literally around a week ago so I am curious as to what these people mean.

My favorite mythical creature is the honest politician.

Monk
Lmfao, well now ya know! \o/

Be Happy.

Monk
PLasmaghost wrote:
I kinda' ended up here in a way thats not reliably replicated
Even some insight on that can be interesting. No matter how unique it was, you still could've only gotten in through some combination of skill and connections, since you're good enough to be one of the few who only do 2D (I assume).

A lot of people say they want to be animators and don't yet know the level of effort they should be putting in, as illustrated by these tweets by the Yotta founder, which are obvious to you but news to many others:

Monk

Recently I was talking with a friend who's most recent work includes the Netflix show Hilda. I asked her what she felt the most important thing she's learned this far in her career was. She told me that years ago, when she graduated college and got a work placement, she found out that the college had not taught her some very fundamental animation principles. She said she learned the most from being part of a team workflow and talking to the people at her work who animate every single day. Her fellow graduates reported very much the same experience.

Also hi

Monk
Yea Jake is p much spot on in all that.

Theres like 0 actual animation 'ANIMATION' work in the US. Our part of the production pipeline is centered on character design, colorist, revisionist and storyboard artist. It A) Costs too much and B) not enough people over here know how to animate well.

Jeff wrote:
Also hi

There was a small period were I would say "animation school is different for everybody, so I cant say whether or not to go" but for the last few years I'm staunchly against them. If you want to be an animator you honest to god best bet. Is to join a place like here and practice animating every single day while you work on ur drawing skills.

Going to College for animation is a lost cause in the US, plain and simple.

also hi

EDIT: To also highlight jakes last point in that picture. I no longer believe animation should be a bachelors degree. If anything it should be a masters program(get a bachelors for illustration-> get a masters in animation/sequential art). Its not possible to in 4 years get someone from highschool level draftsmanship to industry level draftsmanship AS WELL AS teach them to animate from scratch and have them be ready for whats expected in the workforce. At least not if a country is trying to build a sizable industry workforce. The schools are failing to teach these students what is necessary because what they aim to do is practically impossible now.

-and to answer your question heartofthestorm, I just took the only surefire way I knew how. Get Good, Get Noticed, Make Money.

Be Happy.

Monk
someone inscribe this gospel into stone tablets
That's pretty wild that there are so many anim programs and animators waiting for jobs but, as you say, there still aren't enough good american animators. On the bright side the Yotta guy said that the number of good applicants is improving.

Farmer
Welp, took me years to discover this thread. I wonder where I've been...

Sup everyone :P

=== Should I be laughing or should I be concerned? ===

Monk
RocketPlays wrote:
Welp, took me years to discover this thread. I wonder where I've been...

Sup everyone :P

Youve been here years and only have 70 something posts? Speak up my guy!

Be Happy.

Page 677 of 678   |   Go to page   |   Previous  1 ... 674, 675, 676, 677, 678  Next
Search for:

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a browser that doesn't support the technology this website uses.

Don't fret. There are solutions.

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a version of Internet Explorer that this site doesn't support.

Don't fret. There are solutions.