Favorites
Show All / Manage

You have no favorites.

Page 678 of 678   |   Go to page   |   Previous  1 ... 674, 675, 676, 677, 678
Farmer
PLasmaghost wrote:
RocketPlays wrote:
Welp, took me years to discover this thread. I wonder where I've been...

Sup everyone :P

Youve been here years and only have 70 something posts? Speak up my guy!

Well I got ductaped by Bad Internet and School XD. I hate em' both. Especially the first one.

=== Should I be laughing or should I be concerned? ===

Ninja
My gosh...so many pages....

01110011 01100101 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100101 011000110 01110010 01100110 01100110

Duelist: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=18320

Set me free

Soldier
Holy cr*p PLasmaghost is back!? How have you been, friend? I heard you got married!? Congratulations!!! I wish the best for you and your husband :D

Soldier
@miketastic Yes and ive told my grandparents to do so as well.

Ninja
PLasmaghost wrote:
There was a small period were I would say "animation school is different for everybody, so I cant say whether or not to go" but for the last few years I'm staunchly against them. If you want to be an animator you honest to god best bet. Is to join a place like here and practice animating every single day while you work on ur drawing skills.

Going to College for animation is a lost cause in the US, plain and simple.

So from this would it be better to study something along the lines of animation like illustration or design? Yknow rather than never having time to animate seriously because you have to worry about other non-creative courses

Animating since 2016
"Those who consider themselves the knowledge of everything, they do not know how small a grain of rice is. Those who are humble upon knowledge gains the knowledge of everything..."

Monk
SOURCE

I think the non-creative courses are usually bird courses like psychology so they don't take a ton of time. Animation is a separate beast than illustration, especially the 3D stuff that most americans get hired for. If you're doing illustration and have the motivation to also animate enough to get an animation job, you were better off using that motivation to just teach yourself everything. Motivation is a big scary thing to a lot of people though.

@PLasmaghost I hear many people saying art school in general sucks because you can learn it better on your own without going into insane debt, and 84% working artists aren't even art grads... but what about the people who don't have the motivation to improve on their own without scary grades and debt as motivation? Is art school fit for those people? Or are those people not fit for the industry, because the only way to become a good artist is to go way beyond what an art school requires? I know 10% of art grads work as artists, do you think those were the few who were fully self-motivated?

Page 678 of 678   |   Go to page   |   Previous  1 ... 674, 675, 676, 677, 678
Search for:

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a browser that doesn't support the technology this website uses.

Don't fret. There are solutions.

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a version of Internet Explorer that this site doesn't support.

Don't fret. There are solutions.