Favorites
Show All / Manage

You have no favorites.

Page 1 of 6   |   Go to page   |   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Soldier
For years I've been hearing a lot of people worshiping over their idolized animator's style, but how do we define this style?

Styles are like, for me, something that you can use to identify the animator just by watching the animation. There are various styles and I can pinpoint styles that I can identify from some people in Dojo:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
X - has the "triple-framed" kind of style idk, that's how I call it. I can identify his style easily when I see a laggy kind of animation but I'm not saying it's detrimental, it's actually pretty cool and it gives him his own identity. Along with a match of brutality and simple typography.

Nhazul - the comic-ish kind of style. His style also accounts for exaggeration which amplifies the force in his animation. His style mostly betrays the laws of physics but well, it's still pretty cool and it's one of the most well-known styles.

Hyun - thick stick-figures (usually) and mixed with a bit of humor. His style is similar with Egor's but that's just because Egor is doing Hyun's style. His style allows a variety of movements since he animates starting from the feet. His style is one of those I can identify just by watching an animation.

Guz - FORCE. FORCE. FORCE. FORCE. FORCE. Lots of force on his style, given by use of impact frames and force effects. His style is something you rarely see and man if I see this guy in the anime industry, it's gonna be a blast. His unique use of tweens to transition one scene from another is also unique. His style is best for action-based animations. HIS TYPOGRAPHY IS ALSO AWESOME!

Opalino - He puts a LOT of force in his animations too plus, his style is quite similar to that of Guz, only that his use of effects and the stick figure construction are kind of different. He also puts some art, style and angle into his force which makes it a plus!

Andrew - Someone who has been following the rules of the art of Sakuga. He does a looooooooot of anime scenes with the characters being stick figures, he also puts some force in his animations, although mostly accompanied by cubic debris, and some wind effects. His use of the laser thingies that constantly change direction is also recognized (I believe it was adapted from Project Omen but I'm not so sure).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welp, just my thoughts...

I'm also wondering what my style is, I don't even know if I have a style.
If someone knows me well here, if you could tell me what my style is, it would be appreciated.

How about you?
What do you think is your style?
What's the style that you respect most here in the Dojo?

"Life is like animation, you control your quality, quantity and outcome"
~ Fordz

Samurai
i love JH and i've been trying to get the epic fastpace combo stuff but i'm also kinda working on idles such as Juler's

other distributed styles include pb's and cozen's imo (a lot of pivotblimpers out there but almost nobody gets the technique down as well as he does)

im the best ssf2 zelda

Soldier
I cant really put my finger on what your style is exactly but you definitely have a style that i recognize every time i see it. You try as hard as you can to single frame every frame, ( from what i can see ), and your animations have so much effort put into them. Your style is probably more of a realistic style but mixed with unrealistic situations. Either way you have a recognizable style but i just cant put my finger on what makes your style unique to you.

" Most of the time, Camila's like a cute kitten who's happy to cuddle with anyone. But every once in a while she pulls a bazooka out from nowhere and blasts someone to smithereens in a single post."

Samurai
I know I haven't released that many animations, but from what ive heard from other people and my own personal analysis, my style is described as slow paced, hard hitting, fluid, and bouncy. This is mainly due to my accented focus on specific principles of animation such as Squash and Stretch, Timing, and Slow in/Slow out. I also draw out the head instead of using a circle, and thats mainly just because its more comfortable for me to do rather than having to drag a symbol from my library. I also work in almost entirely double frames.

My main inspiration would probably be Pivotblimp. I think his movements are some of the most admirable on the dojo, he definitely makes each frame count.

Farmer
Haven't really posted anything on the Portal, but my style I must say, or what I'm going for is a street fighter like animation style. With the heavy pause of hits made, and the preview movement of repeated choppy and stylish frames.

My style I got inspiration from D+, Franco's part of it. It had choppy imagery but in the nice way.

I do like guz's effects and his forceful hits, but X's gore is quite good, and Shika's cinematic opener at the beginning of the animation is what I love. Andrew has his wind effects and his mastery of angles. But I must say the animator I love the most is PivotBlimp. His flow is amazing, and his sword animations and cinemtics are great.

Noodle fuck

Ninja
My style is 50 smoothing. :)

THIS WAS A POST
https://www.rateyourmusic.com/~AwfulWaffle
http://www.last.fm/user/awwfulwaffle

Banned User
i would say i have a 'style' since im still learning, but i went from super skinny to super thick to super short to a mixture of all of these.
i try to keep as smooth as possible on 30fps and NO double frames

guz is pretty cool to me but i could never see myself doing that.

personaly i LOVE optical-core and his style, and once i get the basics of animation down, im going stright to try optical coring with real fullbodies. no more sticks after that for me.

howardwimsurt is also a big inspiration fore me so i strive to have a mixutre of both (in the future anyways)

Monk
Singleframes. Lots and lots of singleframes.

(jk though, i'm more inspired by a more flowey-style like Leo4life and Steelcold. The main difference is I always have something moving on screen when I make animations. More of a habit than anything.)

Soldier
I'm a wannabe guz that can't make decent fast paced. So mid-paced lots o' force i guess.

I wanted to try and combine the style of Guz, Juler, and Andrew but failed badly haha (And Pivotblimp at one point.)

Monk
headfirst, singleframe.

C R Y L E X

Page 1 of 6   |   Go to page   |   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Search for:

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a browser that doesn't support the technology this website uses.

Don't fret. There are solutions.

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a version of Internet Explorer that this site doesn't support.

Don't fret. There are solutions.