Favorites
Show All / Manage

You have no favorites.

Page 3 of 8   |   Go to page   |   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
Soldier
@Pixelatedscribbles Oh, that's pretty cool. And I've seen your YouTube channel already, this is AJAnimations, that one guy that commented on your unfinished obstacle course video. I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't remember me, I'm just some random guy who commented on your video

"A bagel is just a donut that hasn't achieved its dreams yet." -Drew Lynch

YouTube: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCSEuRI9btwmKByLk3uxiv3g

DeviantArt: https://aidantheartist.deviantart.com

Ninja
my biggest weakness as an animator is being a good one

Soldier
my biggest weakness as an animator is time management.
No actually it's that I use my feet to animate, send help.

Soldier
Oh boy, is this the self loathing thread? Anyway there are quite a few things that I perceive as weaknesses for me as an animator, though I won't mention them all here.

The first of which would probably be not animating very frequently in general. I've noticed that it seems I do animations somewhat in bursts and then just stop animating for months at a time. Sometimes I'm drawing (infrequently) during that time but its mostly just pure laziness. I also take forever to get an animation done because I'm so incredibly easily distracted. Basically anything that take less effort that I like will probably distract me from something I'm working on. Also college stuff. In addition to that, when I'm working on something I usually don't work on anything else until I'm completely finished with it, which leads to things taking even longer. I also tend to wing it when animating basically everything and don't use a lot of references which leads to me fumbling around trying to figure out how things work and wasting even more time. Basically I'm an expert at wasting time.

I'm also terrible at fight choreography. I've watched stick animations for a long time but I've still never even really attempted doing a more serious martial arts focused fight scene that has actions that flow consistently into each other. A lot of 2D animators here have fight choreography that impresses me greatly and I should really consider trying to work on that aspect of my animations instead of sticking to my comfort zones.

Another huge weakness of mine is not actually talking to people here very often. This is a place with a ton of skilled and upcoming animators with very similar interests and yet I usually have nothing worthwhile to say to anyone. I can like an animation but find it difficult to come up with something more in depth or helpful to say when someone may need some help. This is a problem I have been trying to work on since coming to the Dojo though. Since I have come here, I feel like I have become more motivated to be better and improve myself in both art and animation, and I believe it is thanks to the community here. Everyone here working on these big intricate projects and learning all these new skills for the pure enjoyment of animation is just really nice to see. I like seeing people have fun and you guys really know how to have fun. Sometimes I wish I was a more interesting person so I could join in or make something creative but at the same time I also enjoy being an observer.

Man I really went way off topic oops.

Comet wrote:
1) I'm a reallllyy slow learner.

2) I have no sense of choreography. I cannot get past 2-3 hits without coming to a stop and thinking. now what. this move wont fit, and usually just make the dude push him far away run at him, and do 2-3 hits again and push him back. i dont like this and i want my attacks to go past a 3 hit limit without stopping.

I can empathize with these man.

Soldier
I think my biggest issues are I'm never consistant with how my animations turn out, they either look like actual shit to me or really decent. And as for you, Awez. I think that broken human style is part of your charm imo.

Now back to my issues:

Same as you, never really satisfied

TIming and double framing the correct things, I come from a francoblimp and random doubleframe spammy background. So I've tried to leave that habit by caring more about wher ei place my doiuble frames and where i palce my single frames.

fear of failure/expecting perfection: I always expect myself to do absolutely perfect thigns when I animate a project, which is why i never do a full painting/drawing or do any of my animations i ahve in mind, I'm afraid it wont come out "perfect" (Which is a mindset I really need to get out of)

Soldier
I don't really know for mine. If I had to choose it would be how long it takes me to make something, cause instead of adding more frames I watch it over a billion times thinking it isn't good enough.

That, and run cycles.

''I'm here to purify this world. Darkness will not survive.''

Farmer
I can't stay committed and finish an animation

Monk
@Mon It was not intended to become a Self-Loathing thread. The entire point was to inspire people to reflect on where they are as animators. Responding was completely optional.

Janitor
Biggest weakness: I don't got much time

Farmer
1 - Extra-framing is hard, I don't know when do I need to double-frame.
2 - I have a limited imagination, that's SO bad :c
3 - I resize the figure and finishes like a kid with weapons.
4 - I have a limited motivation too :c

Hey, it's me :0

Page 3 of 8   |   Go to page   |   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
Search for:

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a browser that doesn't support the technology this website uses.

Don't fret. There are solutions.

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a version of Internet Explorer that this site doesn't support.

Don't fret. There are solutions.