Favorites
Show All / Manage

You have no favorites.

Page 1 of 2   |   Go to page   |   1, 2  Next
Ninja
This is one subjet that ended up questioning me quite alot, to the point i've felt this was actually important to discuss.

in 6 Weeks after i joined, i managed to get my first Duel Featured in the portal, i was really happy.
There was various CnC about it, and tries to fix them in my next duel.

Everything was normal at this point, my second Duel is released and featured despite it's lenght.
This time, i didn't received any CnC, atleast not in the movie's comments

So i did asked a few people to CnC (or told me) my animations,
i did got some results, but not what i've expected,

ALL of the recent critics was the fact that i don't animate the same way as others do.
Instead of redrawing the stick, i mostly edit the position every frames and set the stick figures in multiple layers,
he told me "it's not good"
The reason is that my animations looks weird, can't recall the exact word, but "stiff" or some sorts,
in any case, he didn't liked my animations for that reason.

or the other case was for not changing my method of animation, i'm a former animator of "Madness Combat" and animate like i was animating Sprites,
he said "Stick figures is not Madness Combat, Stop it" which is true.

What's absolutely bothering me is the fact that some Stick figures animators have somehow set some "rules of animation" in their mind,
They said my animation looks weird and i should redraw instead of editing, for me, this have no sense at all,
The fault goes to me, obviously, but no matter how i'm making stick figures, the results can always change.

I've though of how a Stick figures animator would view my animation :
i barely do double frames, so my animations looks different from others and they are not used to it.

They also kinda wanted to "force me" to change my methods,
even if you told me "i'm just saying, do what you want", you said that it's was bad because of how i do it,
in the end, you dissaprove my animation without knowing the real problem (atleast for me), kinda irritating when a "Suggestion" is actually not a option.

The Simple reason why i've talked about my Dojo Duels in overall in the spoiler is to show that, as for me, the CnC completely changed, a Animation is rated from the results, don't tell me "redraw" it, it wouldn't really change at all, it's not even helpful.

But i've been told that around 3 times, so i guess i need to hear your through about this,
Animating differently than the Stick figures tutorials is a bad thing ?

I Personally think that, no matter the way you do it, only the results count, spectators enjoy the movie : they doesn't really care of the development,
As long that you know how to draw, it is possible to create to your imagination content,
it is said the limit is Your Imagination (or your memory space too, but yea)
so i'll never accept a CnC such as "that's not how you do it"
it's something that also can appear in effects, such as Explosions and elementals,

don't limit yourself in following methods of others, it is probably good, but there's a thousand of way to make a proper effect, just need to figure it out, it's still something that trouble me though (lol).

Sorry for the long text, it's even possible that it is not comprehensible at all,
This is my final answer to the CnC about my "style"

PS : i didn't really mentionned the word style in all the Post exept now, i've also been told that it's not a style to have a different looking animation, yes, i'm a "wannabe" person who wants to have it's own style and regonized, and this goes to the same problem as i mentionned from the beginning :

People are breaking other's ideals with their sort of "Animation Rules" which i don't even know where it's come from,
of course, it's written nowhere, but this is what i've truly felt, atleast from animators who's animating since years.

Faction : Order of Origins
Duel 4: Core VS Negasth (Starting)
Duel 5: Pyro & Kuro VS Tafari & Negasth (Starting)

Soldier
i dont know animating in different way than you used to is bad...i mean... your way is good i like it actually, i dont know the explanation of the reason they dislike your animating way because of their "rules o animation" mind set, but in my opinion, your way of animating is good!
(no objective. no offense.)

Duelist name: Core Dreezer
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=17007
*rolls*
*Rolls*
*ROLLS*

Ninja
thanks for your opition, i didn't said it but i believe most of the people here don't mind it at all.
there is still a few that oppose it though (won't mention names, everyone have their own tastes)

Faction : Order of Origins
Duel 4: Core VS Negasth (Starting)
Duel 5: Pyro & Kuro VS Tafari & Negasth (Starting)

Soldier
yeah, so just don't mind bout them
just animate the way you are, and ask better people for cnc :D

Duelist name: Core Dreezer
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=17007
*rolls*
*Rolls*
*ROLLS*

Monk
well imo its not necessarly rules but more of an accepted way. I see that in all the different animating and art community, theres sort of a universally (at least for that website) accepted style. take tumblr for example. like you can tell what tumblr art and whats not. Flip note hatena. usually you can tell what animators come from that website, Kazoo for example. I don't think your way of animating is actually wrong, its just not what we are used to here we its all other try hard sakuga or some shit like that. personally i see the way you animate as a refreshing new way to do things

despite only making up 13% of the population....

only for the cool kids

Soldier
You know, every animator have their own style which they working on and improve, for someone your style weird, for someone it's good but it's your style, you don't have to copy someone's

Rules of animation? This is really stupid, animate as you want

Im hearing that in my style legs is long, but I just say them "Hey, that's my style" and that's all

Villager
As a pre-note, I'm not terribly experienced when it comes to animation, so you may want to take what I say with a grain of salt.

To be honest, as long as the outcome is fine, and your's looks pretty fine, I don't it matters a huge amount how you make animation. To me, it sorta sounds like acrylic painters telling an oil painter that his art looks bad because he's using oil paint. I don't really think one is better than another. The hiccups you do have sound more like a skill problem with the medium your using instead of a problem with a medium itself (That's not to say you aren't skilled, you are. It's just that your not perfect at it).

Soldier
@Kenamy Gonna make this brief, then come back later to finish. Got college this morning.

I honestly believe it differs. I looked up to you (still do) because you're one of the few that animate eith a mouse. Not only that, your style, from what I've seen, is rapid and fast.

From what I understand, everyone needs to get the basics down, that's for sure, but then after that is up to the person. If it can get the job done, why worry about the animating style?

Animating differently tho is up to you. That's a choice, not a requirement. Unless you decide to go into an animating studio like I do, its entirely up to you. If I were you, ignore others if it contradicts your style. Criticism is fine, but losing how your comfortable animating because someone else told you so is absurd.

That's just me tho. Good luck buddy!

Fite Meh.
My Duelist: Whiplash

Villager
Kenamy, no one is trying to make you choose a new style of animation, the people you mentioned just wanted you to adapt your current style to be more reasonable. Like Crylex's comment on one of your showcase posts, "How long have you been animating? If you controlled your figures a bit more your style could be super smooth and cool man.". It's even okay at times to intentionally mess with your animations to make them completely unreasonable, but only if you first actually learn the rules you are breaking. Don't break animation rules before you learn them, that's hurting your ability to grow as an animator.

"Scythes are cool"

Soldier
MM.. "animation rules" and stuff like that is just stuff that we are accoustomed to watch here as an animator i don't think animation follows any rule yet, that is just something told to make animation more easy to understand and how its suppose to work which in some cases changes our ways and perspectives depending on the person, when i see an average animation here on the portal i just rate and comment and sometimes give CnC about what i think looks bad and what should change, but in this case you re saying that you wont change your 'Style' of animating the things, thats not a problem some people maybe dont like what your animate because it doesn't look how we are accoustomed to see the things here, so that pushes them to try to convince you to adapt your stuff to what them think is right.

Sometimes they are right but not all the time.
You stated you used to animate madness combat and your stick animation seems to have that style into it
i always thought you have an interesting style of animation, because we don't see a lot of animators trying to animate like you
is not only the smoothness but the movements and the other stuff that makes your animation interesting and enjoyable
i think you just should try to move on with that and improve it even more to make it even more appealing and with the time
for sure it gets normal so <3

Page 1 of 2   |   Go to page   |   1, 2  Next
Search for:

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a browser that doesn't support the technology this website uses.

Don't fret. There are solutions.

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a version of Internet Explorer that this site doesn't support.

Don't fret. There are solutions.