Favorites
Show All / Manage

You have no favorites.

Page 1 of 2   |   Go to page   |   1, 2  Next
Villager
What Movies, Shorts, or Series you could consider being Masterpieces? We could ignore Walt Disney's Work or any other great artist, but you can still mention them if you like. Here is an example:
The Iron Giant, by Brad Bird. Not just mentioning the animation is gorgeous but actually manages to tell a great message in a simple way. Fact: Disney was actually praying Brad Bird to go back with them. Now I'm just waiting for the Incredibles 2 for now.

When it's the end of everything...hold onto anything...

Farmer
TAWOG(The Amazing World Of Gumball) by Ben Bocquelet(Cartoon Network)

That tv show is like da best. The character are imo really funny. The animations is also great too! Not to mention, they put mixed animations media like 3d, 2d, claymation.

If you don't know what TAWOG then you're missing out. TAWOG is about the world of gumball. Its a comedy and I think parody? They put so much easter eggs(Dragon ball transformation) and even dedicate whole episodes to it(Don't hug me I'm scared,). They even change their style for the fight scene between Nicole & Yuki(though it was technically animated by a different studio).

Those who pretend to know something know nothing. But those who say that ChiefDestiny sucks also knows nothing.
-My Brain
Duelist (Detach)

Soldier
A movie I consider a masterpiece? EASY. Akira, by far, takes the cake.

It's an old movie, for sure, but with the story and animation it was an amazing piece of work for it's time. The amount of detail that was put into the animation is astonishing, and was truly inspiring to me when I first watched it. Though it does leave questions that the manga can only answer, it's an example of what devotion and attention to detail can get you. There are so many hidden details in this movie that you probably wouldn't find until you've rewatched it multiple times, which is why I think it's such a great movie. I would recommend you guys to read the manga and watch the movie, since they're both great!

I would talk about The Iron Giant as well, but you already said that, so.

"Damn, this is some crazy déjà vu..." - Ryn
CHALLENGE MEEEEE

Duelist : viewtopic.php?f=47&t=16545

Ninja
Saitama vs Boros duh

This fight is just pure hype. Theres so much exaggeration, special effects, fluid movement, perfect timing, its just perfect

My Duelist
Smoke

My Written Duelist
Hannah

Currently Dueling: Cirtex and Ruby, Piggui, Charlie Lime

Shameless Self-Promotion: My Youtube Chanel

Samurai
i liked ghost in the shell

or maybe that anime that was playing in the background of one of the lorn music videos with the race cars, that looked cool :)

im the best ssf2 zelda

Villager
To be honest, most of the Movies/Shorts/Series that appear here are in my list if not mentioning all of them. Going to cartoons...I really liked Over the Garden Wall, the animation itself is Glorious, actually, at some point (If not always in the serie) the style kinda reminds me of British Illustrations in Children Story Books, or just in a few words, the animation turns into Art. The story itself is one of the most complex ones I had seen for a Mini-Serie. Perhaps, this could even be a movie, a movie written better than most found in the recent years.

When it's the end of everything...hold onto anything...

Ninja
the man who planted trees (1987) by frederic back is a beautiful short film

adam and dog (2011) by minkyu lee is another flawless short film haha

ping pong the animation (2014) is a series i cherish dearly and it's a masterpiece in that regard

Ninja

just watch it

WE HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENTwww.rateyourmusic.com/~AwfulWaffle
http://www.last.fm/user/awwfulwaffle

Farmer
Beard Ninja 1-2 by @Endo, and Doors 1- 4 by @pluto. I only like brutal and funny animations.

Question. What is the difference between me and Hyun?
Answer: I suck, but Hyun doesn't.

Monk
The Old Man and the Sea (1999) is a paint-on-glass short film made by two people.
Every frame is a masterpiece painting, shame it's 480p

My abs favorite is Gravitaxis ++ though, until this guy's next animation comes out.

Page 1 of 2   |   Go to page   |   1, 2  Next
Search for:

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a browser that doesn't support the technology this website uses.

Don't fret. There are solutions.

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a version of Internet Explorer that this site doesn't support.

Don't fret. There are solutions.