Favorites
Show All / Manage

You have no favorites.

Page 1 of 1
Villager
As much as we all love/have an interest in animation in this community, I myself have deviated from that and gone for other new artistic means as I'm sure many of us have done or will do at one point or another. I've recently started doing traditional watercolor, as well as digital drawings in CSP. I love sharing my work in the dojo as the feedback I get is constant, but it does feel limited to very few people, same goes for my youtube.

My friends have told me to create a page on facebook and upload my things there yet I'm not so sure about that. I've heard of tumblr, Instagram, twitter, Deviantart and many (really, many) others platforms, but I'm unsure as to which can reach the most audience and allow me to get the most feedback posible for my works :(

So what do you guys believe to be the best platform as an artist to upload your works?

“You’re not supposed to animate drawings. You’re supposed to animate feelings.”
-Ollie Johnston

Sexy YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCogH2K ... -dgyNgCLrg

Dojo Duel Gold Rank
I suggest DeviantArt or Instagram and join groups in it so more people can see your works

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjIuhn ... 2mZxJqQu_Q
DeviantArt: http://graytyphoon.deviantart.com/
MY DUELIST (CLICK THE IMAGE FOR THE LINK):
The Image Made By Shiro!

Monk
Upload to everything common but don't waste much time sitting around and "networking" on the sites. If you really want to promote yourself then first focus on getting better and making interesting unique art or art that contains a simple self-contained story

Monk
Tumblr and Deviantart (kind of Newgrounds) are good for sharing art. If you are looking for a better community however, you are unlikely to find it,

Soldier
DA is a good place to go, if you are really desperate, there is also Pixiv.

Status: Currently dueling in: Research vs Defense. PM me if you are wanting to duel.

My duelist
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=15330

Stay Pink my friends.

Ninja
There aren't many great platforms in terms of discussion and getting feedback, since most social media tailors towards "scroll and like and scroll" mentality. Like HeartOfTheStorm said, make an account on all of the common ones and post when you can, and you'll get people every so often that have the time to come and give you the feedback you're looking for.

I don't see it around often but I'd also recommend getting on Artstation, still not a great place if you're looking for feedback but that site is amazing to pop onto at least once a day and get inspiration, SO many good pieces of artwork.

Monk
Artstation is the best for inspiration but the worst site to post on until you're truly an exceptional professional, at which point it might become the best. Even though fewer people upload there, you'll be lucky to hit a couple views. Competition is steep so it's common for art that's insanely good to only get 4 views, no exaggeration.

Villager
Zaix wrote:
since most social media tailors towards "scroll and like and scroll" mentality.

This. This is what I don't want at the moment.

Although I found out about facebook groups, drawing groups and am currently giving it a try, I see many people post things and actually getting constructive feedback (others just for showoff, which is also nice), so I guess i'll start there for feedback purposes.

Also thanks for the responses guys, at first glance Artstation doesn't convince me, and I don't know how DA and Instagram really work but from what I've seen they seem to work similar to facebook in the "scroll and like" manner, might give them a try to create a portfolio or gallery or something.

Again, thanks again, if you know more arts-social medias feel free to talk about them :D

“You’re not supposed to animate drawings. You’re supposed to animate feelings.”
-Ollie Johnston

Sexy YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCogH2K ... -dgyNgCLrg

Soldier
Amino. Amino all the way

Soldier
there are none.

artstation is a portfolio site for pros n shit

deviantart and amino are filled with shitty children and pussies

insta, twitter, and other social media arent art exclusive, so.

Page 1 of 1
Search for:

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a browser that doesn't support the technology this website uses.

Don't fret. There are solutions.

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a version of Internet Explorer that this site doesn't support.

Don't fret. There are solutions.