Favorites
Show All / Manage

You have no favorites.

Page 1 of 12   |   Go to page   |   1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
Farmer
Okay for whoever this pertains to (you in this case) I am trying to add Written battles to the Dojo.

For now we just have this thread and any others anyone creates pertaining to written duels.

If we can get enough writers here (15-20) we will be able to make it official But for now this is more of an consept than something that we are actualy doing.

You don't have to post anything here feel free to create your own threads just be sure to put a link to it here so everyone knows where to find it.

Nothing here is official (yet) so we won'tbe getting Rice for the victories or defeats.

Quality control is going to be lax since this is a site for animators but I don't want to see hundreds of horid stories that would make someone puke.

Character creation rules are simple.
    1. NO OP SKILLS (balance is everything(comunity decides what is op))
    2. Have fun (thats what we are here for)

Any and all written character shall be listed here.

Right that is about it Have fun and good luck writing.

Written Duelists
Written Duelists : Crank : Puppy

Frest : Comet

KamirooW : Willy Venrowe

MASR2003 : Pierce

Naitoshadou : Azriel

AngryLittleSisters : Eoin

ChickenWL : Hannah

Vercreek : Arminok

Mr Green Guy : Charlie

D4rkRailgnr : Nathaniel

Crimzone : Cyrus Caela

Cilindro : Ascot

KarnageTheAnimator : Isabella Smoke

MVTiloAnims : Counter Strike

Written Duels

Duelist Format.
This doesn't have to be followed but it is a recomended minimum.
Code:
[align=center]Name[/align]

[tabs]

[tabs:Abilities/Weapons]

[tabs:Personality]

[tabs:Appearance]

[tabs:History]

[tabs:Demo]

[/tabs]

Duel types

Co-op Duel
In these you and your opponent work together on a single story. You each take turns writing portions of the duel. Maximum 1 page per turn.
Minimum .5 page per turn

Duel
You and your opponent write two seperate stories about the duel. They don't have to be anything alike other than the participants unless certain story elements apply.
Minimum 2 pages per writer

Story
A Story duel is you doing a duel alone. This is purely for progressing your characters story. You will need permission of anyone's duelyst you will use.

Factions

(These can be altered)

Creating a faction requires 3 complete duels.

Joining requires a single duels and an aplication to the faction.

Fighter : Steam

Lit Fighter : Otto

Other than that I am a strange person that wavers between a cynical twat and a polite Brit that has the union jack hung in the bathroom.

Villager
Hey there, Piston. I'd wager you aren't the only writer looking to pitch their tent somewhere outside of Hyun's Dojo, and I'd also wager that you may not have been the first person to have tried to. For those just joining us, hi, I'm Chrome -- and I haven't updated my dojo account in three years, but in that time, I believe I may finally have uncovered the secret to punctuating a goddamn sentence. If you're wondering where I came from (and how I got here) , my answers would be the internet's prolapsing urethra, and following this shlanky assclown across the web, in that order. That having been said, today is shaping up to be a fantastic day! The sun is shining, the moon is dim, and for the first time in as long as I can remember, I'm typing on a forum with a built-in indentation feature. I don't even know what to do with myself, to be honest.

But there's a fair bit I could do. So let's start at the beginning. The first thing I made sure to do once I got here today was to make sure we were even allowed to put stories and talk about writing in General Discussion, because again, this is the first time I've been on the forum in three years, and if things go the way I think here, there's a chance for others like me to follow, and I want to get my point across as clearly as I can in this post. So to that point, yeah, I found this thread/quote pretty quickly, but I'm posting it again for reference. This is coming out of the Dojo's story thread, which frankly I didn't even know existed prior to today:

GVlash wrote:
nah @clovey, people are allowed to put stories in this thread now since we don't really have a section for writers.

So there's the most recent verdict, and you can verify that on your own. Feel free to correct me on this if I'm glossing over anything, if there even is anything here that I might have. Please enlighten me. But the story thread I linked to has a total page count of three pages. I was actually stunned to see that. And you know what the most recent post was? It's from 2017, by the way.

Kraiz wrote:
Hey guys why haven't we friended eachother since we're all writers shouldn't try to stick together and be friend one another

Guys, please don't my dumbfoundedness too personal, y'all have a damn good thing going on the animating side, but... what.. the fuck is with that?? If I go to the Dojo Duels section, I see a section specifically for roleplay, specifically for dojo duelists. That section then goes on to have subsections because again, y'all go hard with Dojo Duels. You actually have a pretty solid universe going. But if someone like Piston shows up, or hell, someone like me were to -- that can't support the animating side of it and just wants to write, or is even looking to write for animators, there's not a system in place? Again, I don't mean to offend anyone, and I'm not trying to tell you what the best way to run your show here is, but with the extensive subforums you already have for things like Art and Music -- even Programming, it's astonishing to me that nobody really stopped to think, "Hey, maybe we should make a subforum for writers too," assuming though -- maybe falsely, that it never came up in conversation and I just never heard what happened to it. So I wanted to start by saying that, it's astonishing to me that there wouldn't already be a system in place to handle, well, exactly this. Two threads just popped up in General Discussion here that, strictly speaking, aren't even stories (That would qualify as content to stow away in the Story Thread) don't tie into Dojo Duels, (Meaning they wouldn't belong in the Duelist Roleplay Subforums either) and also aren't discussion threads, but also manage to be all three in the form of Potential Duelist - Relating Story Content That Inadvertently Spark Discussion. Independent of me claiming and trying to convince you that there might be a market for this kind of thing if we opened our doors to it, stop for a second and think here, like, we've gone this long without directly supporting any kind of story-based roleplay, combat, tension, clan-building, any of it -- excluding ones in the Dojo Duels system. Ones with animators, even -- if you can't animate, you can't have a Duelist. To that end, writers who can't or won't animate, from what I'm seeing, haven't interacted with this forum directly in years. That's insane to me. It might not be to you the reader, but I hope it's enough to get you thinking. There's a lot that could be done here and I'm not the first or only person to have thought so.

But I do want to focus on me and my projects because I am the one typing this, and I am the one pitching things. If I'm the one, or one of the ones, saying that we might want to think about bringing in more writers, and maybe, hopefully, eventually, starting a subforum specifically dedicated to it -- let's get into the who's why's and how's here, yeah? I'll give you a little more than just my name, I'll give you more than just a couple paragraphs -- here's a piece of my mind:

I mentioned I come from the same forum as Piston. Since there's a chance you might've heard of it, I'll mention the name and I'll link to it later on specifically to drive in my points, the forum I'm from is called Stickpage, and before that it was Fluidanims, both of which Hyun used back before starting the Dojo. And I'm mentioning Hyun specifically here for a reason beyond just the namesake -- I'm mentioning him because I grew up as he was animating, just like the rest of you, and I don't have the time to prove it, but I swear to whosoever-art-in-the-sky and whatnot, if you pulled up the Fluidanims Writer's Lounge on Wayback Machine you'd find a written RHG battle from the man himself from 15-some ass years ago from when that motherfucker was fresh out the womb, deadass, either that or like WeiEn or some old ass he'd remember and had the time to forget -- like this isn't just some new thing. But from there you know the rest of it, like, Hyun ran off with all the good bits, except for maybe Zero, and one or two Canadian motherfuckers. We'll get back to those two in a bit. But Hyun, terkoiz, supperbas, any older folks still with us -- you remember RHG, right? Dojo Duels but without the Dojo? That's where I personally have been rolling around in, this Piston guy too, a couple others, a couple new folk -- what's left of that community, that didn't make its way back over to here, and I guess is still coming into it's own, as the damn thing's rotting, I guess. I dunno. But look at how this is organized at least, right, and how people are using it? Here's the writing section;

http://forums.stickpage.com/forumdisplay.php?69-Writers-Lounge-amp-wRHG

Or even if you can't be asked to look, I'll tell it -- there's a parent forum for the Writer's Lounge, or the writing section, whatever, where people can make their own goddamn thread for their own goddamn stories. Then people who want to post criticism don't get mixed up with anybody else, is what it is and it's not half bad, then you've got a mess of subforums in there, do what you will with those, but you get things like clans which is kind of cool, though sure, yeah, forum as a whole isn't seeing a shit ton of movement, you don't get an indent button -- it's not the most glamorous thing in the world, but people use it there. People get stories happening there, or they did / used to -- think of it how you will, it's a fucking website. Where am I going with this?

That's right, here. I'm moving here. I want to open shop on Hyun's Dojo as well. I want to get some stories going, I want to share what I've started on already, I want to continue to get things rolling with animators too, if I can -- SPWA / ACEZ is still the beginning of something that we'd love to one day see.

Have a great weekend.

Ninja
As an avid writer, I am all-for having written duels as a part of the Dojo. However, since literature isn't as flashy or exciting as animations or comics, I don't see them catching on anytime soon.

If there are any mods reading this, please consider this.

"Don't get fooled. I might be a smartphone, but I'm a smart smartphone."
-Skye Blasterson, Technomancer

Global Mod
@Piston1937 sadly I have to move your topic to the Dojo Duels General Discussion. While I do wish you guys the best of luck to get enough people to take interest in this idea, people generally wanted Dojo Duels related things to be in this section D:
So sorry about that but try to keep the topics inside here!

But yeah if we can get enough people to show interest in written Duels in this thread here we will legit consider the possibility of the idea a lot more >_<
So if you have interest in this guy let us know here!

Villager
Sareth wrote:
@Piston1937 sadly I have to move your topic to the Dojo Duels General Discussion. While I do wish you guys the best of luck to get enough people to take interest in this idea, people generally wanted Dojo Duels related things to be in this section D:
So sorry about that but try to keep the topics inside here!

Oh gosh! My bad there too then. Noted, thanks Sareth!

Sareth wrote:
But yeah if we can get enough people to show interest in written Duels in this thread here we will legit consider the possibility of the idea a lot more >_<
So if you have interest in this guy let us know here!

That's great to hear! Looking forward to joining the party over here soon!

Frest wrote:
As an avid writer, I am all-for having written duels as a part of the Dojo.

Nice! I glanced back through the forum (because clearly I missed a few things the first time!!!!!) and I noticed the comic duel you did vs Weinberg. Definitely on the read list, interested to see what you and others have done with the place.

Frest wrote:
However, since literature isn't as flashy or exciting as animations or comics, I don't see them catching on anytime soon.

Oh, that's definitely true. But writing doesn't take as long either, and the two aren't mutually exclusive. A written duel could inform an animated duelist's canon arc, scrapped animations can become written story pieces -- plus it's just good practice, y'know? I think it's definitely something we can experiment with. We'll see how it goes!

Farmer
I'm not sure if I count, or even if I should since I'm of the same people as Chrome and Piston, but I'd hang here if there was a section.

Historically speaking, I don't think wRHG was really expected to last at Fluidanims/Stickpage, but it ended up booming pretty big. You mentioned animation being more flashy, and I will absolutely not argue that, but the written battles revolved much more around continuous plot (per specific character) and emotion. Both mediums have their strengths, but they scratch different itches, I suppose. Explore VS Engage. Sure, you can do both in both, I can have some cool hits in my story and you can have drama in your short, but if you want to really dig into a character's motivation and the world that surrounds them, I'd say writing is the way you want to go, unless you're planning on penning an 8 minute animation.

If you check out the Lounge Chrome linked, we are in a bit of a lull at the moment, but it comes in waves

Written Duelist: Johni Kyra "Puppy" Pine
What's a Written Duelist? A thing maybe, if there's interest.

Villager
Crank wrote:
I'm not sure if I count, or even if I should since I'm of the same people as Chrome and Piston, but I'd hang here if there was a section.

Well from what I'm seeing, this is the section, at least for the moment. They let Piston post here anyway

Monk
I was kind of hoping that wRHG stuff would stay on Stickpage for the sake of keeping that site still somewhat alive, but who am I to say. I'm interested if this goes anywhere.

Soldier
Ah, I remember the writer's lounge from Fluidanims, been a long time. Sadly forgot about the one in stickpage, then again, haven't visited the site in 5 years. If anything becomes of this, I'd be interested in following along.

Status: Currently dueling in: Research vs Defense. PM me if you are wanting to duel.

My duelist
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=15330

Stay Pink my friends.

Villager
Hello! I'm Haru, writer from teh wRHG and recent animation streamer.

I would love to see a writing section, but at the same time, I kinda don't want to leave Stickpage behind. I hardly come on here anyway.

Hope something happens, one way or the other.

Page 1 of 12   |   Go to page   |   1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
Search for:

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a browser that doesn't support the technology this website uses.

Don't fret. There are solutions.

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a version of Internet Explorer that this site doesn't support.

Don't fret. There are solutions.