Favorites
Show All / Manage

You have no favorites.

Page 1 of 1
Global Mod
Dojo Duels
Frequently Asked Questions

Here are questions that are asked on a regular day to day basis from the Dojo Duel community, it's also a good place for people who just started with Dojo Duels to understand all the basics of how it works. Before asking a question or even possibly PM a moderator with one, thoroughly look through this thread to see if it hasn't already been answered. IF you can come up with anymore frequently asked questions from the community then leave a comment below, and if we have confirmed it as valid then we will add it to this list. Thank you in advance if you do help us out!~

Starting out

1.  What is Dojo Duels? 
  2.  Where do I start with Dojo Duels? 
  3.  What is RICE? 
  4.  What is the difference between White and Brown RICE? 
  5.  How exactly do people Duel among each other? 
  6.  I posted my Duelist application, what happens now? 
  7.  It's been a few days now and I still haven't heard any word from a moderator about my application? 
  8.  I keep getting rejected for having an unbalanced or OP(over-powered) Duelist, how can I fix this? 
  9.  I got 5 RICE after getting accepted, is this a mistake? 
  10.  Why can't I edit my Duelist profile thread anymore now that it is on the Official Duelist Roster? 
  11.  I want a new Duelist! What do I need to do? 
  12.  Do I lose all my RICE and Duelist Statistics when I change my Duelist entirely? 
  13.  Is there anyway I can lose RICE? 
  14.  Can I get kicked out of Dojo Duels? 
  15.  How does the seasons work? What is "Season Reset"? 
  16.  Do I have to use a new Duelist after Season Reset? 
  17.  Can I have more than one character as my Duelist? 

Dueling

1.  How do I find a Duelist opponent? 
  2.  What does the [A], [C] and [A|C] tags before each Duelist name on the Official Duelist Roster mean? 
  3.  Can Animated Duelists challenge Comic Duelists, or maybe the other way around? 
  4.  Will I be able to update to an Animated or Comic Duelist later on? 
  5.  I found an opponent that agreed to Duel me, what happens now? 
  6.  Can somebody else help me with my Duel entry? 
  7.  Can there be more than two Duelists in a Duel? 
  8.  Everyone in our Duel finished with their entries, but we can't create a poll to vote on? 
  9.  The poll on our Duel ended but we still haven't seen any results? 
  10.  What happens if we kill other Duelists in our Duel entries? Do they stay dead? 
  11.  What is an "Abandoned" Duel? 
  12.  How does ranking work on Dojo Duels? 
  13.  Where can I see my Duelist rank? 
  14.  How is the best Duelist of that season decided upon? 

Role-Playing & Lore

1.  Where can I go to understand more about the world / history of Cier? 
  2.  Where can I find the Cier world map? 
  3.  How exactly does role-playing work on Dojo Duels? 
  4.  Where can I write a more in-depth backstory about my Duelist and focus only on that? 
  5.  Are NPCs(Non-playable characters) allowed in role-playing? 
  6.  Can I use NPCs in the "Lore & Backstory" section? 
  7.  Can I create an NPC character that follows my Duelist and not locked down to one thread? 
  8.  Can I create buildings or change parts of Cier with my role-play? 
  9.  When is something taken as canon? 

Factions

1.  What happens if we no longer have enough RICE to hold a certain amount of Faction members? 
  2.  Can Animated Factions face off against Comic Factions and vice-versa? 
  3.  What is the extend that we can help each other with our Faction Duel parts? 
  4.  How is RICE given differently in Faction Wars? 
  5.  Can we earn more RICE with Faction Wars? 
  6.  How exactly does Ears work? 
  7.  Will 2vs2 ever be possible? 
  8.  How does Companions work in Faction Wars? 
  9.  Can successful Faction Wars have impact on the world of Cier? 
  10.  Can more than one Faction fight among each other? 
  11.  What happens if a Faction decides to abandon / forfeit a Faction War? 
  12.  What if only one member abandons / forfeits the war in an on-going Faction War? 

What is Dojo Duels?

Dojo Duels is a fantasy battle system that takes place in Cier, a fictional world where you fight other real people online with a character you've created(Duelist) against other people's Duelists. You fight among each other either through animations or comics for RICE or for any reason you wish that is based around your Duelist. The system is extremely open-ended with the only boundaries being your creativity. You can role-play, traverse the world, partake in quests from cities and kingdoms, meet new strange people, make plenty of friends and embark on an adventure or start a faction and try to conquer the world. It's all up to you! Real life rewards are given out at the end of each Dojo Duels season to whoever can acquire the most RICE and achieve the highest ranks. Click here to get started!

go to top 

Where do I start with Dojo Duels?

Click here to start!
Read the instructions and watch the tutorial video there.

go to top 

What is RICE?

It is a point system and a means of ranking among other Duelists on the forums. Lore-wise in the fictional world of Cier it is a mystical powerful consumable item that Duelists fight among each other for (you are free to give them different purposes of course). Completing Duels with other Duelists will earn you RICE on the forums, the more you participate in Dueling and wining at these Duels, and the higher quality entries you give in, the more RICE you will receive for each Duel. Click here to read up more about this with in-depth information.

go to top 

What is the difference between White and Brown RICE?

There are two types of Duelists in Dojo Duels. There are Animated Duelists and Comic Duelists that do their own style of Duels respectively. Because of how hard it is to compare Animation and Comics together and to make it more fair on both sides, the RICE have been split up. White RICE can only be won through Animated Duels and Brown RICE only through Comic Duels.

go to top 

How exactly do people Duel among each other?

Once all members comes to an agreement to Duel one another and they are all accepted Duelists on the Official Duelist Roster they will start a Duel thread in the Dueling Grounds section (for Animated Duels) or the Comic Duels section (for Comic Duels) depending on what kind of Duelists they are and what kind of Duel they desire to have. All members separately create their own entry of how they perceive and want the Duel to occur and at the end their Duelist claims the victory anyway they want. This can be either be by simply just defeating them or even killing them (killing them however won't be actually taken canon if the owners of the Duelists don't wish this). This way you can carve and shape your own story through each Duel. The actual winner of the Duel will then be decided upon through a community Poll running for 7 days, and afterwards the Staff will look it over adding an additional 20% Staff Vote to whichever entry they deem the best (this is simply to break ties and to balance out anyone possibly cheating).

go to top 

I posted my Duelist application, what happens now?

You can't participate in Dojo Duels just yet! You must be accepted to the Official Duelist Roster. Please wait for a Duel Mod or a Global Mod to review your application and leave a comment, and if it meets all the requirements, it will be accepted. If not, they will leave a comment letting you know why and what you need to fix. So please be patient during this time.

go to top 

It's been a few days now and I still haven't heard any word from a moderator about my application?

If this has happen, please PM(private message) a Duel Mod or Global Mod about this, there might have been a chance we overlooked your application. It is also very likely we are all just very busy and haven't gotten around to it yet. So please be patient.

go to top 

I keep getting rejected for having an unbalanced or OP(over-powered) Duelist, how can I fix this?

Check out and read through these threads thoroughly to get an in-depth understanding of how to fix this:
General Duelist App Help
Over-powered Duelist Help
Duelist App Example
Duelist Animated Demo Help
Duelist Comic Demo Help
Otherwise PM(private message) a Duel Mod or Global Mod to help you out personally.

go to top 

I got 5 RICE after getting accepted, is this a mistake?

It is not, any user who gets their first Duelist accepted to the Official Duelist Roster gets a free 5 RICE boost.
This is the only time you'd get it.

go to top 

Why can't I edit my Duelist profile thread anymore now that it is on the Official Duelist Roster?

Once your Duelist is on the roster you can no longer edit or change anything, you will now have to request changes or add-ons to Duel Mods through PMs(private messaging). You can only however request changes after you finish a Duel and if the change or add-on was related to the last Duel you fought as well as if the change won't drastically alter your Duelist too much from the original idea / design. Click here and scroll down to Character Edit Requests to read more about it.

go to top 

I want a new Duelist! What do I need to do?

Seeing as you aren't allowed to have more than one Duelist on the Official Duelist Roster (unless you have acquired a 'Radiant Cierium', read more about Cierites to find out how to get this), you are allowed to request and entire Duelist change! You can only request this though if your Duelist has been on the roster for longer than 6 months since they were accepted. Check the date on the comment that was left by a moderator for you, congratulating you on getting on the roster, to know the date of your accepted Duelist. If you meet this requirement then feel free to either create a new Duelist app in the Duelist Application section or PM(private message) a Duel Mod or Global Mod with your entire new app and they'll reply back if it has been accepted or not. Once it has been accepted, they'll update your Duelist profile thread on the roster with your new one, and put your old Duelist in a "Previous Duelist" spoiler message at the bottom of the thread post.

go to top 

Do I lose all my RICE and Duelist Statistics when I change my Duelist entirely?

You do not lose your RICE, the RICE only ever gets reset back to 0 on Season Reset. RICE is more overall for all your Duelists you've had that season. However, Duelist Statistics is more personal to that Duelist, and that will be refreshed. Don't worry, you don't lose your old statistics, if you go to the bottom of your Duelist thread post there should be a spoiler message that says "Previous Duelist" where you can find all the old information on all your previous Duelists.

go to top 

Is there anyway I can lose RICE?

Yes. The only two ways you lose RICE is first by forfeiting a Duel and your opponent(s) still continue with it (however, if all Duelists wish to leave a Duel then nobody loses RICE, the topic will be changed to "Abandoned" and locked). The 2nd way is in Season Reset when everyone's RICE gets reset back to 0 for the new Season.

go to top 

Can I get kicked out of Dojo Duels?

If you repeatedly disobey the rules that have been set, you have -10 RICE or less, making a general nuisance out of yourself or caught cheating then yes, you can be kicked out of Official Duelist Roster and you probably will not be allowed back on until the next season (or longer depending on the situation).

go to top 

How does the seasons work? What is "Season Reset"?

A season usually always lasts until January 1st of each year where this day is known as "Season Reset". Some cases seasons might end earlier for various reasons like major updates etc, but announcements will be made in the Site News section of the forums if there are any. So be on the look out!

At the end of a season there are rewards like forum medals, real life Dojo goodies, forum titles, special mentions and deciding who was the best Duelist of that season! Example of Previous Winners
All users RICE gets reset back to 0 on this day and a brand new season begins!

go to top 

Do I have to use a new Duelist after Season Reset?

No, this is entirely optional. If you like your current Duelist then it's completely fine for you to go on as long as you like with them. Not everyone can immediately change their Duelist either, you can change them any time after your Duelist has been on the Official Duelist Roster for 6 months at least.

go to top 

Can I have more than one character as my Duelist?

Usually we don't allow this and it's recommend to try and stick with one character as your Duelist but it is still allowed in a way. If your Duelist concept idea needs more than one character then the concept idea behind it has to be created in a way so that they come off as one idea as a whole and not entire separate characters of their own. Duelist ideas like this would be very intertwined characters and they'd need each other in battle and separately they can't really do much without each other.

Companions is also a feature of Dojo Duels that is allowed where they aren't technically apart of your Duelist but written in a separate section of your Duelist Application. Their purpose would be to just follow your Duelist around and accompany you during your journey through Cier. They aren't allowed to participate in your Duels at all but you are allowed at a later stage to incorporate them more as an actual fighting character and apart of your Duelist profile after an update, but again you will have to find a way to make it come off as one character / concept regardless.

go to top 

How do I find a Duelist opponent?

First, check and go through the Official Duelist Roster to find other people's accepted Duelist profiles along with yours. Go through each one until you find somebody you'd like to Duel. You can then contact them in anyway you please and ask them to Duel you, for example through PM(private messaging), commenting on their Duelist profile on the roster asking them, or any other means you can get to them.

go to top 

What does the [A], [C] and [A|C] tags before each Duelist name on the Official Duelist Roster mean?

It's what type of Duelist you are depending on the demo you provided for your Duelist application.
[A] = Animated Duelist
[C] = Comic Duelist
[A|C] = Both Animated and Comic Duelist.
The purpose of this is to make the process of finding an appropriate Duelist opponent to battle faster and easier.

go to top 

Can Animated Duelists challenge Comic Duelists, or maybe the other way around?

Comic Duelists are only allowed to partake in Comic Duels, but Animated Duelists can join both Animated and Comic Duels and they don't need to provide a Comic Demo to fight Comic Duelists. However if a Comic Duelist and an Animated Duelist were to fight then it has to be a Comic Duel, so yes a Comic Duelist can challenge an Animated Duelist and the same applies vice versa. So what is the purpose of [A|C] then where you provided both demos if [A] can already do both? Well [A] Duelists aren't always interested in Comic Duels while they can partake in them, so if you see an [A|C] Duelist, you'd know it's a lot more likely they'd accept to battle you no matter what kind of Duelist you are.

go to top 

Will I be able to update to an Animated or Comic Duelist later on?

Yes you can! After you finish a Duel (which allows you to update your Duelist on the roster) you should PM either a Duel Mod or Global Mod with the demo that you need to become the Duelist you desire. If they accept it, they'll update your Duelist profile accordingly.

go to top 

I found an opponent that agreed to Duel me, what happens now?

Click here, this will explain to you everything.

go to top 

Can somebody else help me with my Duel entry?

Yes but not really, the only things you are allowed to accept from other users to help you out in your Duels is anything that is backgrounds, sounds, music or voice-acting and that is it. If users are caught doing more than this to help one another it could result in being kicked off the Official Duelist Roster.

go to top 

Can there be more than two Duelists in a Duel?

Yes! More than 2 Duelists can be in a Duel but only up to 10 Duelists are permitted in one Duel at a time (including yourself). You can group up members as allies to fight against other Duelists (2v2, 3v3, 2v3, etc) and the group with the overall most percentage votes including Staff votes will be victorious and they all claim the win. You can create Factions to earn more RICE as a group and even claim EARs.

go to top 

Everyone in our Duel finished with their entries, but we can't create a poll to vote on?

Change the topic type of your Duel from "Dueling" to "Finished" and a Duel Mod will put a poll up for you in due time. Only moderators can put up polls. If you guys don't see any results in a few days time, please ping in the thread with a comment or PM(private message) a Duel Mod or Global Mod about your Duel.

go to top 

The poll on our Duel ended but we still haven't seen any results?

Please let a Duel Mod or Global Mod know about this by either pinging them in the comments of the thread or PM(private messaging) them.

go to top 

What happens if we kill other Duelists in our Duel entries? Do they stay dead?

It depends if the owner of the Duelist in the Duel wants this. If there are any objections against this then it won't be taken as canon. This doesn't stop you from doing what you want in your Duel however, this just means if you kill them in your Duel they'll still be alive in their own universe respectively. Essentially think of it as different timelines, however if the owner of the Duelist is finished with them they can give permission to their opponent to kill them off for good and this will be then actual canon. Please just keep in mind if you kill your Duelist off legitimately then you can't use them again in anyway whatsoever until you create a new Duelist (and when you are permitted to create a new one).

go to top 

What is an "Abandoned" Duel?

These are Duels were all participants in it agreed to leave and continue with it no longer, or that the Dojo Staff believes is no longer active. Nobody loses RICE though, but if one Duelist still wishes to continue the abandoned Duel they can request to a moderator to unlock the topic and anyone else who didn't finish will lose RICE if they haven't been active in the topic for more than a month. Also, if Duelists are caught forcing other Duelists to abandon / forfeit Duels they can get kicked of the roster for a certain time.

go to top 

How does ranking work on Dojo Duels?

By meeting certain RICE requirements and winning a certain amount of type of Duels, you can rank up!
Click here to find out exactly how.

go to top 

Where can I see my Duelist rank?

Once your Duelist has been accepted to the Official Duelist Roster, scroll to the bottom of your Duelist application and click on the spoiler message that has a title above it saying "Duelist Statistics" to find your rank.

go to top 

How is the best Duelist of that season decided upon?

The more RICE you have and the higher your Duelist rank is will be the deciding factor for who is the best in that Season.

go to top 

Where can I go to understand more about the world / history of Cier?

Click on these to find out!
Cier Locations History
Cier General History

go to top 

Where can I find the Cier world map?

Click here to find it.

go to top 

How exactly does role-playing work on Dojo Duels?

Role-playing works where you play as your own Duelist and is for the most part only limited to them, you cannot take control of other Duelists, but there can be short interactions or dialog that you can control them that won't obviously be against the will of the other user's Duelists. Don't force situations and circumstances upon other users and make their Duelists do things they wouldn't want. You also can't let the impossible happen either, use common sense and try to make it engaging at least.
Click here and read through it to understand how it works more.

go to top 

Where can I write a more in-depth backstory about my Duelist and focus only on that?

Click here and read up this thread to get started.
Once you are done there, click here and create the topic/thread here.

go to top 

Are NPCs(Non-playable characters) allowed in roleplaying?

They are allowed, but you have to give in a NPC application here in this thread. The more RICE you have the more NPCs you can control, but NPCs have to be locked down to one thread. Please read through it thoroughly to understand the rules about NPCs.

go to top 

Can I use NPCs in the "Lore & Backstory" section?

Yes! Here you can use as many NPCs you need to tell your Duelist backstory! As long as you follow your original story you've set in your Duelist application and you don't go too crazy with it than it will be deemed okay.

go to top 

Can I create a NPC character that follows my Duelist and not locked down to one thread?

Yes, you are allowed. But then you aren't allowed to use that NPC in role-playing threads. Request the NPC addition to your Duelist application through PM(private messaging) to Duel Mods after a finished Duel. This would then be consider as a Companion addition than a NPC.

go to top 

Can I create buildings or change parts of Cier with my role-play?

Yes you can create buildings, villages, castles etc of your own, something that isn't too big, too much or crazy like a flying island or cities that would appear on the map of course. There will be rare cases where Duelists will have the opportunity to change the world of Cier and it'll be taken as canon by everyone, Duelists will be notified about these events so keep on the look out! Factions also hold power to change or scar locations in Cier if the battle that was held was great enough to cause this.

go to top 

When is something taken as canon?

Nothing is ever taken as canon, and you can almost to a degree do anything you want and set out your own story without really following the predefined world / story if you so wish. However it is expected of you to follow basic stuff like the Cier Lore and History, not being overpowered at least if you are set out to be a hard-core role-player, but you don't have to include these into your Duels at all. If you wish to ignore everything about the world of Cier and it's lore and just wish to focus on the Dueling aspect of Dojo Duels then feel free to do so! You'll also just have to respect that not everyone will want to take what you do as canon either, and you are never allowed to force this down upon other Duelists. Be reasonable, if you are caught doing this too much you can be banned from the role-playing section for a period of time if not for good.

go to top 

What happens if we no longer have enough RICE to hold a certain amount of Faction members?

You only need to acquire those set of requirements to unlock that amount of members for your Faction once to get it permanently.

go to top 

Can Animated Factions face off against Comic Factions and vice-versa?

Yes, but all Duelists will have to give in Comic entries.

go to top 

What is the extend that we can help each other with our Faction Duel parts?

Because Faction War will obviously be seen as a more "whole" entry from the entire team, it is then safe to say that everyone can help each other out as much as they desire, there is no real limits here.

go to top 

How is RICE given differently in Faction Wars?

A set number of RICE will be given out to all members in that one faction equally, the base RICE for Duelists will just be higher though, so everyone can guaranteed always a bigger payoff reward. Naturally of course the winning Faction will always receive the most RICE.

go to top 

Can we earn more RICE with Faction Wars?

Yes, the base RICE is higher when you participate in Faction Wars, so you are more guaranteed to get a bigger RICE payoff in the end. Comic Duelists max RICE they can receive is also increased to 20 during Faction Wars, but Animated Duelists remain the same.

go to top 

How exactly does Ears work?

Ears is mainly just for bragging rights and hold no other purpose. The winning Faction in the war can claim one Ear from their fellow rival Faction they just fought. It will be decided upon all Faction members whose Ear they'd liked to keep, but if they can't decide then by default they'll claim the Faction leader's Ear. When they have their Ear Trophy, all Faction Members can show-off the Ear on all their Duelists profiles as well as their Faction page.

go to top 

Will 2vs2 ever be possible?

It is already possible and the rules have been updated for this! You still cannot however create Factions with just 2 members but you can still create groups and fight in Duels where you both could win at the same time.

go to top 

How does Companions work in Faction Wars?

Because Companions is never really consider canon to the Duelists too much, all Duelists participants in the war can choose to ignore or add any and all Companions if they so desire.

go to top 

Can successful Faction Wars have impact on the world of Cier?

Depending on the scale of the Faction War and the overall quality and what actually happening during the Faction War, the more likely it will become more canon material stuff for Dojo Duels Lore. To make it more of a plausible event, make sure all Duelists do that "thing" that everyone like to be canon and have an impact the world of Cier to be something that isn't too seriously drastic of a change, but something reasonable and plausible in the current setting. It'll then be a lot more likely accepted by moderators.

go to top 

Can more than one Faction fight among each other?

This should only be attempted by the bravest of Duelists souls, but yes it is possible. You can also make Factions group up together to fight against other set of Factions like 2v2 or 1v3, etc.

go to top 

What happens if a Faction decides to abandon / forfeit a Faction War?

If the leader and the majority of the Faction members agrees to abandon a Faction War, then all members of that Faction lose 5 RICE. If the opposing Faction(s) still wish to continue then they are free to do so. If both or all Factions abandon the Faction war then nobody loses RICE.

go to top 

What if only one member abandons / forfeits the war in an on-going Faction War?

There is not much we can do to prevent this, the Faction War will continue on without that member that forfeited. But if the handicapped Faction manages to still impress us with their work regardless of what happen then they will receive extra bonus RICE for their hard work and to compensate for their loss of their forfeited member. All Duelists in the war can still pretend the forfeited Duelist is still in the Duel as well.

go to top 

Soldier
Nice work Sareth ^^

Kind Regards,
Nathan

Page 1 of 1
Search for:

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a browser that doesn't support the technology this website uses.

Don't fret. There are solutions.

Oh dear. Looks like there was a problem.
You are using a version of Internet Explorer that this site doesn't support.

Don't fret. There are solutions.